Chapter 10

Chapter 10

We got outside the hotel just as the fire trucks arrived. Louis was still holding onto my hand as he weaved us through short alley between buildings. We stopped when we got through all of the buildings and got to a small park, with a small swing set, an old bench, and a single slide. It was quite dark out; the time was almost 8:00 PM. No one was at the park, and a few trees made a ring around the small area. It was a little cold outside, but not unbearable. A street lamp on the path through the trees that led to the park lit up dimly, slightly lighting the area. Louis led me more slowly over to the bench and took a seat. I sat down next to him. We sat in silence, out of breath from running what seemed like a mile. Our sharp breaths made small huffs which were the only things that were heard where we were.

"Sorry about that" Louis finally spoke up after he had caught his breath.

"How exactly did you set your kitchen on fire?" I asked.

"I uh... Left the casserole in the oven for too long" Louis slightly blushed.

I began to giggle, which turned into full out laughing.

"What’s so funny?" Louis grinned at the sight of my laughter.

"You could have just ordered pizza or something!" I said between laughs. "You don't have to try and cook for me, and besides, you are a terrible cook!" I laughed until my sides hurt.

Louis began to laugh with me. We were clutching our sides which were beginning to hurt from the laughter.

"Okay, okay" Louis began to calm his laughing. I did the same. I took a big breath of air.

"That’s a good one" I smiled.

"Indeed" Louis nodded.

I smiled and looked up at the full moon. This night turned out better than I thought it would. My head shot off to my right where I thought I heard footsteps, but disposed of the idea when I saw leaves blowing in the wind and decided that is what made the noise.

"Do you have your phone with you?" Louis asked.

"Yeah" I replied.

"Check your texts" Louis squirmed on the bench a little.

Confused, I pulled out my phone. There was a message.

From: Louis Tomlinson

'Kiss me'

I looked up in surprise and met Louis' eyes. We slowly leaned in until our lips met. When we kissed, I felt the butterflies in my stomach flutter up to my heart, and it felt like electricity was streaming through my veins. I felt like Louis and I were the only people in the world until I heard a camera button click. I shot open my eyes and a flash blinded me. I pulled away from Louis and was met by at least 3 paps, all from Grindstone.