Chapter 96

Chapter 96

We sat on the wooden floor of the basement in silence, the blanket shields around us keeping us secure from the outside. We didn't exactly plan what we would do once the fort was made, however I know exactly what Louis and I would have done.

"Why did we even do this?" Louis broke the silence.

"I don't know" Harry kicked down a chair, sending the whole fort crashing down on top of us.

"Cheers Harry" Louis stick his arms up and lifted the blankets off of us.

The candles were beginning to dim around the room, now just barely showing off the burgundy colored walls and the cream couches. They were placed on a little white ledge that jetted out of the wall a few inches, and the flashlights were laid on their sides on the same ledge.

Instead of cleaning up our mess, we just shoved the blankets, pillows, and chairs in the corner. I took charge of blowing out the candles, and Louis and Harry gathered the flashlights.

We exited that room, and walked to the large arched doorway just outside the room and headed up the wooden stairs. Harry was farthest behind, and I was in the middle, leaving Louis to the front.

We made it to the top of the stairs and opened the big white door that was blocking us from making it to the main floor.

Louis creaked open the door and we walked through on to the main floor. I reached my hand over and tried the light switch, and this time the lights worked and illuminated the darkness.

We turned off our flashlights and headed our separate ways. Harry went to the living room, and Louis started upstairs so I followed him.

The stairs up to the first floor were kind of curved. There were two sets across from each other that both lead up to the first floor. They always reminded me of the stairs in 'The Princess Diaries'.

I loved all the wooden flooring in this house. I've always loved wood flooring, but I've never had it before.

It was a bit cold in the house today, and

I wished I would have worn a jacket or robe or something with my sweats and t-shirt.

I reminded myself I needed to go get some groceries as we were almost out of food, so I would tell Louis I needed to do that as soon as we got to our room.

When we made it to the first floor; I think of the basement as -1 floor, the main floor that has the kitchen on it floor 0, and the floor we were on now as floor 1. This floor is where Zayn and Harry slept. Niall and Liam slept on our floor; floor 2 only they were across the hall and down a little.

We followed the railing to the other side of the floor, where the other set of steps were that led up to floor 2.

The layout of this house amazes me. It is all so confusing to explain to people who might ask, but it is so simple if you are there in person, even if it's your first time.

Louis didn't say anything as we climbed up the next set of stairs; the last set before we got to our room. This set was next to the wall, and it was a pretty basic staircase. On one side there was railing, and on the other was just plain white wall.

"I have to go to an interview with the boys today, it's pretty long so I'll be back tonight" Louis informed me when we arrived in our bedroom. I nodded.

"I have to go get groceries" I told him.

That bit almost made me laugh. It showed how basic my life was compared to Louis'.

My life isn't as boring as it used to be though. I was living in a gigantic house with the world's most famous boy band for the next year, and I have fans, too. Of course I only have fans because I'm dating Louis, but still. That didn't wipe me of the fact that I also have haters. I was almost sure I had more haters than fans, but as long as I didn't pay attention to them I was sure I would be okay.

I lay back on the bed and turned to my side. I brushed some of my hair out of my face and closed my eyes.

I wasn't tired, but I decided to take a little nap just to relax a little. I have been so busy lately I have never had any time to just lay back and forget about everything.

When I open my eyes it is almost 1 PM and Louis is gone.