Chapter 9

Chapter 9

*Riley's POV*

Louis leaned back against the couch arm rest. I took a deep breath and started telling Louis the truth.

"First of all, you have to promise to not hate me and to not tell anyone"I paused, waiting for Louis to nod. When he did, I continued on.

"So you know I work for Grindstone pictures, right? Well I am a pap. You know that also. What you don't know is that I am not allowed to have personal connections with the celebrities, or I will get fired. If anyone from work were to find out about this I would be fired. That’s not all. Grindstone would contact my University and get me kicked out of college, after all, working for Grindstone is like going to school, so I could get expelled there and it would be basically the same thing. So what I’m doing right now, is against the rules, and if anyone were to find out I would be fired"

Louis looked surprised.

"I had no idea" he said.

"Yeah, I know" I pursed my lips.

"I won't tell anyone" Louis promised.

"Pinkie promise?" I held out my pinkie. Louis laughed but took it anyway with his.

"Pinkie promise."

I smiled.

"Now that that’s all cleared up, tell me more about yourself" Louis grabbed a can of fizzy drink beside him and took a sip.

"Well, I go to University of London, I am studying photography. I am a pap because it’s part of my summer training I have to do in order to graduate next year. My mum and dad live in Leeds, and I am an only child. They know I work for Grindstone, but they don’t know I have to do it in order to graduate. I am not a directioner, but I know a lot about you and your band mates because I have to do research on the celebrities before I go and ambush them with cameras" I finished.

"How old are you?" Louis asked.

"I am 20 years old"

"So a year younger than me"

"Yup"

Louis started laughing.

"What's so funny?" I asked, a smile beginning to creep onto my face.

"I'm older than you" Louis laughed.

"How is that funny?" I asked, a smile spreading across my face.

"I don't even-" Louis was cut off by the smoke alarm.

"What the hell?" He stood up and walked over to where the alarm was coming from. I stood up from the couch and grabbed my purse.

I walked out to the centre of the room.

"Louis?" I called. No answer.

"Louis??" I called again. This time I was greeted by the kitchen door swinging open and Louis running out.

"FIRE!!" He screamed before grabbing me and pulling me out of the hotel room door with him.