Chapter 74

Chapter 74

When we returned home, my dad was already there. He embraced my mum and I in a hug then sat me down on the couch and retreated to the closet.
Dad pulled out a rectangular box from the closet wrapped in silver paper and walked it over to me. I took the box and ripped open the paper to find a cardboard box.
I looked up and my dad and he had a wide grin on his face.
I carefully opened the box and took out the object inside that was covered in bubble wrap.
I slowly unwrapped the object from its secure place in the nest of bubble wrap. My eyes widened as I touched the cool china and pulled out the plate I saw at the store.
"Dad, I just saw this at the antique store! Where did you get it?" I turned the plate over in my hands.
"I went to the antique shop. There was another one, I guess. Do you like it?" Dad grinned.
"I love it!" I beamed.
I carefully rested the plate on the bubble wrap and stood up to hug my dad.
"I couldn't wait any longer to give you it, but sadly I have a meeting to get to" My dad kissed the top of my head and hugged and kissed my mom.
"Love you!" Dad shouted before he walked out the door.
"Love you too! Thanks for the plate!" I called after him.
The door shut behind my dad and locked.
"Ready for dinner?" My mum spoke up.
"Yeah, what are you making?"
"Spaghetti" My mum walked in to the kitchen.
I nodded and slipped the plate back into its cardboard home and brought it up to my room.
I pulled out my phone and checked my texts; none from Louis again.
I sighed and began taking off my shoes. I was in the middle of taking off my left shoe when I heard a crash from the kitchen.
I quickly ripped my shoe from my foot and ran down to the kitchen.
"Mum? Mum!" I shouted.
I walked to the dining room when spaghetti was scattered across the floor and cups retreated to the corner of the room. My mum was shaking with her cell phone put to her ear.
"Mum?" Stuttered.
The phone slipped from my mum's ear and fell to the floor.
"There's been an accident" She shook.