The Secret & the Legacy: Chapter 8

Big House.

Mikaelson Plantation, Jefferson Parish, Louisiana...

Reto had frowned at her change of attitude; hours of the mirror showing her, and she hadn't even noticed him.

"Hey, Reto... you here?"

"Here!" he called out, not leaving the mirror, looking around for the girl.

"Hey, so Constance is prepping... what are you doing?" he looked back at Reg then.

"There was..." he started and shook his head in confusion. He was seeing things... Then the mirror was pitch black; there was shadowy movements a shadow. Slowly he got up, carefully making his way around the tables to the mirror. He peered around, looking for anything. There was a flash of orange, he then saw the struggling shadowy figures. The library exploded, he saw it, the smaller shadow had to be the girl.

"HEY! HEY!" he bellowed, lunging at the mirror, pounding his fist against it to get her attention, to get her to come this way, he could try breaking the barrier between realities! Where the thought came from, he didn't know. He saw her get slammed into the mirror, he pulled the Armillary Sphere, which was burning a hole through her pants' pocket, lunging forward, he didn't expect to grab her, pulling her through. Grunting he fell onto his back, feeling a solid weight against him. The electric jolt startled him as he cried out in pain, the Armillary Sphere dropped to the ground with a heavy thud, almost impossibly heavy to break the wooden floors of the library.

"Are you okay?" he pulled himself over the dazed, coughing, gasping girl, who was already violently bruising.

The blinding pain in his face was startling as he was knocked aside.

"Reto!?" a voice shouted, he saw the girl scrambling under the table. Reg saw him on the ground; scrambling to action as he then saw the girl moving under the table. Reg reached for the girl, only for a chair to come smashing into him. Reto struggled up, shaking his head; his ears were now ringing, he saw her make a run for the door, tripping and falling, but fast.

"What the fuck!?" Regulus groaned.

"I don't know, but we have to catch her!" Reto grabbed his twin, and they ran after the girl. She was struggling to stay upright, catching the sideboard. Reto ducked when she saw him, he saw her grab a vase, hurling it for his head. Regulus barely evaded.

"What the bloody hell is all this racket!?" Grace appeared in the hall, and Reto dove, tackling the girl. The girl let out a feral snarl, as she kneed, kicked, and clawed at him, he winced at the searing pain through his magic when suddenly he felt her magic.

Then there was nothing, he saw her slumped in his arms.

"How'd you do that?" Reto panted as he looked up at Grace.

"I didn't..." she sputtered.

It was now he saw the massive amounts of blood the girl was losing. "MERDE!"

Grace rushed past him, gently pushing him aside, and he staggered to his feet, looking at his brother who looked just as startled.

"What happened?" Grace demanded as she worked a few healing spells over the girl.

"I... The... I don't know!" Reto shouted out in frustration, dragging his hands through his curls. "I... The girl, I saw her, in Uncle Kol's mirror, Looking Glass, the one in the library, the one to see between realms, and she was there... she disappeared. She reappeared again and was... was... was fighting; she... the Armillary Sphere, she was holding the Armillary Sphere, and... something attacked her... she was shoved up against the Looking Glass... and I... I reached to help her... and now she's here! I don't know how!?"