Chapter 357

Davina was standing in the airport bathroom after their connecting flight in Oslo to Stavanger Airport, she was shaking a little because her body snatcher had been making itself known, and since Kol had unlocked his Malivore spell she could feel her magic going out of control, which had had her a little scared. The flow of this raw magic, it was like a massive influx, greater than anything she was accustomed to and she could feel her child's magic connecting with this, and her, and her own magic connecting with the child, and the new released magic. It was so much magic, part of her wondered if Kol's disconnection as a vampire had also been caused by this spell, because Good Lord...

Her kneecaps were jumping as she held herself upright.

"If we survive this, you can make me as sick as you want, but you have to let me be well for a few days, just a few days," she reasoned looking at her stomach. "Your dad and I have to take care of some bad guys, and help the supernatural, but after that, I'm all yours kid, but I need you to let me do this."

There was no response though Davina felt her magic making the lights flickering because her control was tenuous. The baby's magic was interfering with her own now, in a much greater capacity, which was a pain in her ass as she stood there trying to catch her breath after having hurled what very little she had eaten; again.

Suddenly the flickering stopped which had her looking at her stomach. She could feel the way the baby's magic moved in her body, the connection between her body and the child... she could feel it, almost map it out through her body too. In many ways it felt like a plant taking root, part of her had seen too many of Rebekah's placentas, so she knew how they looked; and she was about 97% sure it was why so many northern Europeans believed in the Tree of Life, but to feel it in her body... The push of magic, the exchange between her and the child, she could feel it, feel the little life within her. It was startling, so terrifying too, she slowly traced her fingers over her lower abdomen where she felt the connection most, and it was so strong. Davina hadn't processed her first possible pregnancy and the loss of it was painful, but it wasn't something she felt in her magic, if her magic had connected to if then she hadn't noticed it which made it so much worse now that she thought about it.

A slow breath escaped her lips as she slowly felt her magic settle again.

"We make it through this, and you can wreak havoc upon your Loki worshiping father," she promised. "Just give us a few days."

"Davina," she looked up when she saw Monique poke her head into the restroom.

"I'm coming," she sighed as she readjusted her mask and walked out with her bag.

"You sure you're feeling well enough to do this?" Monique asked.

"Doesn't matter, it has to be done," she sighed.

"You're still very pale," Monique muttered. Davina nodded; she didn't know why Monique hadn't caught her pregnancy yet, Monique was usually on top of all that because of the Deveraux gifts. Then again, Alizée was coming into age where she might have the gift instead, Deveraux blood gifts shifted to the next generation somewhere in the eleven to twelve years old; but Davina didn't fully understand Deveraux bloodline gifts. She knew that the gifts had all cultivated into Monique after her mother and aunt had died; the ability to feel life, to sense a lie, to sense deceit and malintent, Davina didn't understand those gifts, but lies pained Monique, malintent and deceit pissed her off, and she always felt life. It was a powerful advantage and one Klaus had exploited over the years, and the Skulk had too, it was powerful gifts to have, and it made it almost pointless for people to try to outfox them.

"Yeah, the plague sucks," Davina answered. The plague did suck, but morning sickness was apparently going to be the thing to do her in.

"What are you hiding?" Monique demanded.