Chapter 219

Here's the thing, Kol Mikaelson was well aware that the good years would fucking end. Inadu, Stix, the Trinity, Malivore, it was all going to come to a head, and if he wasn't careful, he knew it was going to bite him in the arse when he least expected it. He knew that. He knew it very well after all the other shit that had happened in his life. However, he couldn't stop just enjoying Davina or his life as it was. The bloody little witch had started it, and he hadn't expected it to go like this.

2015 for Kol started with looking into Inadu, as she was the most powerful witch known in this hemisphere, and she was an Ancestor of his nieces; Constance, Grace, Faith, and Amity to be specific, and it was a problem that had to be dealt with. So he began his research. There was a lot of legends and myths, but the problems remained that Inadu's people were long since extinct; even before the local tribes of the area had settled here, and well before New Orleans was a thought in anyone's mind. And that was problematic. He didn't know any spells to connect with more ancient beings. Part of him was inclined to turn to his Ancestors for help, but he was still not sure about travelling to Norway after everything that had happened last time. Still, he knew he should consider it, and consider talking to Davina about going back, but he was a bit reluctant, because going back meant acknowledging that shit was about to hit the fan, and he just was so not ready to face that reality.

Instead, he focused on his lover, and spoiling her rotten. She was turning twenty this fine year, and he had to get rather crafty in celebrating it because Davina was not expecting much. Just because the bar was on the floor did not mean he was going to let it remain there.

Ultimately, he took her to one of the finest dinners she could go to, instructing her to wear that red number from there date, and then spent the night in a hotel room. If he was honest, the lack of traditional sex was getting to be more of a how far could he go before Davina said 'no', there was a lot of thrill in how far he could push her. They both had gotten to the thrill of going as far as they could without going all the way, and Davina was a damn good tease as she had learnt more and learnt what she enjoyed and wanted between them. Kol was just content she was no longer a timid girl about the physical aspects of their relationship.

However, it was also that wonderful time where he would have to test his nephew's magic too. Étienne was an adorable lad of tight, blonde curls. The blond-brown was a surprise to everyone especially with Étienne's big blue eyes. They all thought he'd look more like his father, given how much like Marcel he already looked, but it was a surprise to see some of Rebekah's fairer coloring shining through in the boy's hair and eyes. Étienne though was one hundred percent his father's son, especially with a wide gummy smile.

"I can do it," Marcel started as Davina took Étienne from him.

"Can you summon all the elements?" Kol asked icily as Davina bounced Étienne.

"I just..." he looked haplessly.

"It's okay, we're gonna play a game with Tatie D," Davina cooed as she smiled at her baby brother. Kol was kind of hoping Davina would get a face full of elements, but he knew he probably wasn't that lucky, their nieces just adored Davina, and his nephew was no different.

Kol settled out of reach for Étienne's connection as he watched Davina settle on the blanket. Rebekah was nervously gripping onto Marcel as they both watched. Kol focused on Davina, he could feel her connection as it came to life and he watched Étienne's wonder as all the elements spurred to life, he giggled a bit, fisting a chubby hand in Davina's curls as he waved his hand enthusiastically. Davina laughed a bit before she dropped the magic again, Kol's magic was fast to slam a safeguard around Davina's and he kept his nephew from connecting. Étienne continued waving his hand in frustration and the water shot up into the air.