Chapter 279

Freya was sitting with Vincent on an interview of a teacher for the Institute. The man was from Iceland, Dominic Ingolfsson, he was not connected to her family or their heritage, having come here because of her father's reptation though. Apparently, Dominic had grown up in her father's old village, and had heard the fearsome Mikael of the Mikaelsons was unstaked and living in New Orleans with the rest of the Mikaelson Coven. He also referenced her ancestors in Norway and Sweden as a Coven and Ancestral ground he was aware of. He was well versed in dark objects, having an archeology degree from Reykjavik University, he had travelled the world over a few times, having sought out dark objects.

Vincent though was thinking to hire the man because of his well versed knowledge of Dark Objects, and archeology in hopes of finding Inadu's resting place before they would have to revert to horrid measures or worse. Kaleb's lack of progress to 'see' Inadu's resting place, and worse, their inability to connect with the witch was problematic. They were also getting desperate after having found out Constance, Amity, and Faith were suffering nightmares with a blue orb; no one really knew if Grace was or wasn't because the young girl was evading the questions. She took after Kol, Elijah, and Henrik on evading direct questions, and it was vexing, but Freya was inclined to think if one of the Quads was suffering the nightmare, they all were. Similar to the Harvest Girls, the Quads were... connected, not just because they were identical quadruplets but because their magic seemed to move together, and grow together; four elemental connections and balance. It was interesting.

"So, Mr. Ingolfsson, what made you want to teach?" Freya finally asked.

"I have always enjoyed connecting the old world and old ways to our time, we are not so removed from our pasts as witches that this connection is important and vital. I always wanted to teach, but specifically witches; mortals are so fickle about deciphering the ancient ways to suit their needs they neglect to learn the actual past. And Louisiana has a... rich, history, I wish to learn it, and to teach witches to appreciate it," he answered with a smile.

Freya didn't like the way he was smiling but ignored it as she looked over his file. Something about him was too good to be true, and in her experience with Dahlia, if something was too good to be true, then it wasn't to be trusted.

"I see here you've been in Louisiana before, according to this, you performed a dig with the permission of the Chitimacha Tribe," Vincent observed.

"Yes, the witches, specifically, had found a burial ground of their ancestors and wanted to study it as well as honor them," Dominic answered. "Everything was legal and done correctly by the tribal government and the US government and the state of Louisiana, all proper papers filed and all bones honored to the tribe. It was after Katrina, when much ruination was still afoot, and it seemed important."

"So it was," Vincent said softly. Freya looked at Vincent who was looking thoughtful. "Do you have any questions for us about the Institute?"

"Is it true the Skulk runs the Institute?"

"Yes," Freya answered. "The Mikaelsons fund it, and keep the finances clean, but the Skulk is in charge of admitting students, managing their welfare, and education, as well as keeping a safe environment."

"What about the international students, surely they are homesick?"

"We keep the break periods for all children to return to their Covens who have Covens, as well as maintaining a safe home for those who do not."

"Do you truly teach others of the supernatural community?"

"We are not a closed-door policy for our students, all races and ages are welcomed," Vincent answered before she could.

"That is wonderful, most excellent! I was most curious about that policy and if it was true, it is unheard of the three races co-existing peacefully, but I had heard about the Institute," Dominic admitted. "That was my only inquiry."