Chapter 346

Kol pulled up to Bennett Ancestral grounds and saw Lucy there; she shared the same regal look as the other Bennetts though she was glaring angrily at him. Carefully he and Davina got out of the car and he walked a little ahead of Davina. He wanted to be sure about Lucy's intentions, but he didn't want Davina in the crossfire of a Bennett. Lucy finally acknowledged him as they walked forward.

"The Gemini broke our pack, the Bennett family is displeased at their actions," Lucy stated. "I spoke with my sister, mother, and our family clan, they've all agreed that an act against Bonnie is an act against the family."

"Strange you didn't have the same sentiments when she was being taught Expression or when she needed a coven eleven years ago," Kol drawled out.

"We made a mistake with my great-great aunt's line, Sheila had embarked on being independent and making her own path when we had moved back to Boston. We had not been inclined to re-welcome her line into the family with how uninterested they were in moving from these lands."

"Bennetts are not forgiving by nature," Kol sighed.

"No, but we are family, and Bonnie has proven to be the strongest of our family line in a very long time, whether because of your teachings or her freedom to learn without being entangled in the Salvatores I do not know," Lucy admitted. "She has brought much back to our line, heritage we had forgotten or ignored, and history we were disinclined to listen to. Bonnie has been waned of Expression, built the reputation of the Skulk, hunted the Huntress, Rayna Cruz and lived, her aid in the Harvest, the teachings she gives at the Institute, she has become not only the most famous Bennett, but the most prominent, and perhaps will be the most famous member of this family to ever live. She has successfully carried the Parker and Bennett lines into one, and she will be gifted with the role of matriarchy if she should accept. We were planning to offer it to her when she came to Salem."

"Does Bonnie know this?" Davina asked.

"We have not had a chance to speak to her in depth about her importance to our family, or extend the role to her yet, my grandmother, Alicia, has wanted to speak to Bonnie about it in person because it is her role."

"You aren't offended the role would be extended to Bonnie and not you?" Davina asked as they walked into the house.

"No, Bonnie has more than earned the title, and she is as powerful as she is because we failed to protect her, to raise her and teach her, and that is both our failing and your success. I have come to respect the New Orleans Witches, the more I learn about the Nine Covens and Skulk, for their sense of community and their diverse family lines all collectively practicing so no one is left exposed to the abuses Bonnie suffered."

Kol didn't agree or disagree, he was aware Bonnie and Davina had suffered drastically different abuses at the hands of others. Bonnie's though were more from her 'friends', going up against far more educated and cunning opponents with far vaster resources than she could ever possess. Also, her magic binds until her teenage years, and her late introduction to magic, it had been a massive hindrance, leading her into more problems than she could handle. Kol was aware that the Mystery Falls gang of morons relied on Bonnie to bail them out of trouble and crisis with no regards to her limits or her consequences, and when Davina had intervenes Bonnie was perilously close to shredding her own soul from existence. It infuriated Kol as a witch looking back on Bonnie's situation that no one in Bonnie's bloodline had come to her aid, from a witch stand point it was hard to grasp. From a dysfunctional family standpoint, Kol understood it.

Davina though had suffered vastly different abuses, extremely isolated in her Coven as a prodigy and pitted against her friends. Set up for a ritual which normally failed. Marked for death, lead to that death like a lamb to the slaughter. Then there was everything with her actual parents, the abuses of her father and mother had hit Davina hard and gave her this need to be perfect; which Kol had noticed even if his wife never addressed it.