Chapter 286

Bonnie was sitting on a ball, which was about the only comfortable thing for her other than her full body pillow when she couldn't get her hands on one of her boys to be her pillows. Kol had set them up in the library, which was sort of Kol's domain, and they were both reading over the notes Kaleb and Davina had created.

It was strange when Bonnie paused to examine her life and how it had turned out, which she had been doing a lot since her father had reached out to reconnect because of her pregnancy announcement on Facebook. Eight years ago, when she had accepted to come to New Orleans she hadn't planned anything in her life. There was nothing to really plan, she had to get her magic under control and Davina and Kol had been the best teachers she had ever had. They were also the longest surviving and least fucks given types, which made them more appealing as candidates to teach her when she had gotten to know them. Eight years ago, Bonnie couldn't even get her many cousins or her family's Coven to help her, Lucy had refused to talk to her and teach her, Emily, Jordan, Kelly, Jada, Imani, Destiny; all of them they had refused to help Bonnie in any capacity and now they were all coming out of the woodworks. Part of her was pissed about it, because when she had needed them, she had no one to rely on, but another part of her was curious about what they wanted now. Did they want to connect with her as family or for her connections to the Skulk? The Skulk was quickly garnering fame unparalleled to any other Coven in the known world, and it was becoming clear they were going to be a lasting power with their younger generation growing up. Bonnie didn't know what to think of her father and cousins reaching out to her, but it had her stress and anxiety skyrocketing.

Then there was the matter of Bonnie had never on social media defined what her relationship with Kaleb, Kai and Damon was. The Skulk and the Nine never judged her, and for the most part the Institution staff that wasn't Skulk didn't care so long as she left it outside the school. Bonnie had never defined it on social media because how to explain it? She hadn't looked for a polyamorous relationship, and as a teenager she was firmly against them, but now? Now she was with Kaleb and Kai full time and Damon popped in and out of their lives whenever he pleased. Admittedly, Kaleb was more her partner for navigating life than Kai was, there was just something steadying about Kaleb which kept her, and Kai grounded; honestly, if she didn't have Kaleb, she wouldn't entertain the idea of children because Kai and her could not raise a child together without disaster. But in turn, where Kaleb was her partner, Kai had turned into her spontaneous passionate romance; because once Kai got the greenlight to be himself, he was all or nothing in trying everything, from dates, to sex, to experiences; Kai kept them interesting and on their toes, he never let them dull down. Damon was an on again, off again lover of their little trio, he came and went as he pleased, rather like a cat, but he got on well enough with Kai and Kaleb to engage in their relationship as a whole.

"Whatever you are thinking share it or stop glaring at the paper like you'll set it on fire," Kol warned. Her head snapped up and she sighed as she set her paper aside.

"Sorry," she grumbled running a hand over her heavy belly. "I just have a lot on my mind."

"Do you want to talk about it or continue research?"

"You don't have to do that," she informed him. Kol wasn't really interested in the lives of other people, and she knew he was stubborn about it because he didn't like being close to people. There were exceptions, of course, she knew him and Kaleb were friends, so were he and Davina obviously, and Kol could get along with Kai.

"We're friends," he stated suddenly.

"I just... I guess the pregnancy has me wanting my family again, and my dad reaching out to me, and about his grandkids; they don't know I'm with Kaleb and Kai, and I don't know, I just, I don't know how to handle this," Bonnie admitted.