Chapter 262

Kol slammed hard into the ground, feeling the claws tearing through his body again, he slashed though, the kitsune roared in anger as it pulled away. Rolling to his feet Kol glared at the beast which had a slash on the human vessal it held, but the shadows and void leaking from the phantom outline of the actual kitsune was there. The outline of the Nogitsune flattened it's ears, curling back it's lips to reveal the gleaming teeth as it's tongue lifted back, glowing eyes narrowing as it's tails curled around it, making the void look larger than it was. Kol felt blood dripping over his arm as he curled his own lip back in a well-practiced snarl of his own.

Silver hurt the Nogitsune, like all other weapons he had encountered.

Kol saw where the Nogitsune and Stiles intersected, or rather, where the Nogitsune had rapped around the soul of the human. The trick, in Kol's experience from a thousand years ago when he had last dealt with possession was trapping the human and luring the spirit away.

Stiles came at him again, the Nogitsune leading the charge. Kol blocked a blow for his head feeling the claws tear through his shoulder as he twisted with Stiles' weight. The human was skilled, Kol noted, blocking blows that most couldn't, they parted, Kol charged again though, getting a springboard out of a stump as he slammed his knee hard into Stiles' chest. They slammed into the bayou waters, which were still roiling. Davina's fire burned through Kol as he drew a few runes with his blood slamming his wand into the center of the spell which had heat boiling through the waters in a tsunami. Stiles' body scrambled out of the heat of Davina's magic. Hissing as the fire singed the void.

"You think a little fire will hurt me!?" the Nogtisune snarled. Kol took another hit, knocking him from his wand, which had Kol rolling through the muck and mud to his feet, stumbling as he let his blood continue to drip. He knew he should be relying on his blood, especially after what the Banshee had told him, but it was the most readily available tool he had on hand. They had travelled in a massive circle; the Nogitsune lunged at his throat again, Kol smashed his knee into the stomach of Stiles as he rolled them through the much again. Kol pinned the beast, which writhed and struggled against his grip.

"No," Kol snarled. "You are the nothing, but I just needed to buy a little time," Kol panted as he watched the last bit of light die from the skies, the stars illuminated the world. The storm he had been building parted.

Kol felt Vulpecula burning on his arm as he smiled. The Nogitsune blinked a few times, and Kol moved fast, slamming his knife through the hand of Stiles. The silver burned the Nogitsune who lunged, burrowing his teeth into Kol's shoulder, which had Kol screaming in agony, but he twisted the knife as he felt for the stars. Davina's powers burned through Kol's body, and the kitsune.

"Boule," Kol snarled as he felt her powers fully heat his blood. The kitsune screamed into Kol's shoulder as he felt the magic he had infused into his body as he twisted the silver into Stile's hand as that seemed to be the connecting point between the Nogitsune and Stiles he felt the void unwrap as it pulled away from Kol and Stiles.

Kol staggered back away from the young man, jerking the knife from Stiles' hand. The void rushed around and Kol felt his runes enact now though as the circle of blood burst to life. The stars on Kol's arm were glowing brightly now. The roots of the trees now lurched forward, Kol could feel Kaleb's magic as it jerked Stiles away from the carnage, the barrier of Kol's blood though kept the fox, which frantically scrambled after Stiles' body bound to Kol's presence.

"Just you and me," Kol stated as he held out his hands, he could still feel his blood seeping into the ground, and how it trickled over his skin. The stars were out fully now, and the kitsune leapt for Kol again.

Kol stumbled back throwing up his arm to keep his arm from taking the brunt of power from the kitsune's own. Kol caught his wand as he spun around slamming it into the ground, there was a burst of light from Kol's ægishjálmr reacted as a shield, bouncing the kitsune off him as they both faced off.