Chapter 258

Hayley covered Scott as they ran through the apartment complex, she hadn't liked leaving Elijah, but he was powerful, and he was smart. They scrambled in the car, and Hayley looked back at the girl. She wasn't inclined to offer her blood, because she didn't really know how it would heal someone but she was tempted. The girl looked so scared and so much like Davina, it had her internally whining to reach out and comfort the girl.

"She needs a hospital," Scott stated. Hayley pulled out her phone, throwing it in the back seat as she started the car and pulled away. "Call Jo Saltzman, or Keelin Malraux, have them meet us for an emergency surgery at the Plantation, Big House," Hayley stated as she gunned it.

Scott did as he was told and Hayley whipped through traffic, she could see the blue and red lights in her review mirror, but she didn't slow, she pressed her foot harder on the gas. Scott was working on the girl, he was muttering about how he was sorry, he was taking as much of the pain as he could.

"What's her name?" Hayley asked as she saw the city limits coming up.

"Evangeline Doucet? I'm not saying that right," he muttered.

"Evangeline, we're getting you to help," Hayley promised as she finally exited the city. Just as they did that, a redhead flounced onto the empty road, Hayley didn't slow, and redhead turned with a wicked smile on her thin lips.

Hayley's eyes widened as she saw the vampire's veins snake up her face, but it didn't snake how normal vampire's did. Hayley pressed her foot harder on the gas; she didn't care as old driving lessons about not swerving away from wildlife rattled from one of her old foster fathers, and she didn't slow, she accelerated. There was a flinch on the redhead's face, and Hayley snarled.

"Brace yourselves," she told Scott and Evangeline as she hit the woman and kept driving, there were heavy thuds and then there was the breaking of glass as it felt like her car was grabbed and yanked off the road. Hayley twisted out of her seat as fast as she could to wrap herself around the other Alpha and the girl as they went sailing through the air. They smashed through trees and rolled before stopping with the metal groaning heavily before there was a thud as it stopped.

"What the hell was that," Scott gasped as Hayley slowly peeled herself off the pair and groaned, her body was healing, snapping bones back as she looked at the pair.

"You two okay?' she asked as she looked through the wreckage, her hearing tuned to everything outside the vehicle.

"Yeah, but she needs help," Scott stated. Hayley looked at the girl then, she was still a bloody mess and she was looking at them with wide terrified eyes.

"Get her to the plantation," Hayley ordered. "I'm going to handle the bitch," she decided. She got out of the wreckage, looking around as she wriggled her hips out of the window, then she reached down, gingerly hoisting out the girl before she grabbed Scott and pulled him out. Looking around they examined the bayou. Hayley scented the numbers then, the vampires, and her ears twitched as all her powers started to go into hyper drive. Her eyes narrowed as she curled back her lips.

"There's so many of them," Scott whispered.

"Take the girl and run," Hayley ordered sharply.

"I can't leave you," Scott started.

"Well, I'm the hybrid, you're not, keep the girl alive," she stated then she hopped off the vehicle. She had spent years training with Mikael, Elijah, Jackson, Finn, Klaus, Rebekah, and her pack in general; she was Alpha because she was the best, not because she was the most powerful. She rushed forward, fast as she could, grabbing up a shard of metal as she hurled it into a vampire, grabbing a jaw as she twisted it around, snapping a neck. The body dropped and she snarled as she saw more vampire. Moving fast she grabbed a throat again as she smashed the body through a tree.