Chapter 337

Kaleb saw the email from Kol and Davina that was for everyone, it was announcing they would not be returning for a spell. Kaleb wasn't surprised, Davina and Kol weren't exactly homebodies, and enjoyed travelling. He just sent them an email wishing them fun travels and they'd see them when they returned. Part of the Skulk was the travel, Kaleb enjoyed it, he liked leaving the US from time to time, though he was always careful not to return to England and Ireland, but he had gone to Scotland with Bonnie and Kai. But mostly he took them to Italy, Greece, Portugal, places he didn't get reminded of everything the Travelers stole from him.

"DA!" he looked up as Rameses came barreling into the study where he was working.

"Hey, sunny boy!" he caught his son, pulling the boy up onto his lap. Rameses had a mop of natural curls looser than Bonnie's curls, but still as tight and thick as hers, green eyes, and he had his mother's complexion for sure. At first glance one would never think he was Kai's son, but Kaleb saw Kai's mouth and nose on his son, and it was adorable how innocent the boy was.

"Da, I... I... I got Eye of Hocus!" Rameses shoved the Eye of Horus in Kaleb's face giddily then.

"So I see, boyo, but it's Horus not hocus," he chuckled.

"Horus..." Rameses tested out, but giddily grinned.

"Now, boyo, the Eye of Horus is an old symbol, it is for protection, health and restoration," he informed his toddler.

"Restoration?" Rameses tested out the word slowly and carefully as he looked up at Kaleb curiously.

"Aye, according to Egyptian myth, the god Horus, the bird head god of sun," he teased playfully tickling Rameses' sides which had the boy squealing. "Horus fought against the god Seth, the lord of the desert, master of storms, disorder and warfare; the Egyptian trickster god."

"Uncle Kol!" Rameses bellowed giddily.

"Would not surprise me if they're related," Kaleb informed his toddler which had Rameses giggling. "Horus fought the god Seth, Horus lost his eye; I think the left one, in the battle, the eye was restored to Horus magically, making Horus whole again, and healing."

"Oh," Rameses eyes were comically large as he stared at the Eye of Horus with wonder. Kaleb chuckled as he ran his hands through Rameses' hair.

"Where'd you get it, sunny boy?"

"Pop-pop," he answered.

"Rudy?" Kaleb muttered. "You're sure?" he asked curiously as he looked at his son, Rameses let it go and Kaleb was startled by the weight of the piece. This wasn't costume jewelry.

Rameses shrugged and scrambled off Kaleb's lap, running through the house. Kaleb got up as he left the study, looking for Rudy and finding him on the porch reading the paper. Rudy was a very stiff man, and Kaleb wasn't overly fond of him seeing how he had sort of impacted Bonnie's views on good things. Rudy though was sitting on the porch with sweet tea and his paper.

"What's on your mind son?" Rudy spoke as Kaleb poked his head outside.

"Eye of Horus Rameses is running around with," Kaleb started.

"Boy found it the other day when I did the grocery shopping," Rudy looked up. "When you took Bonnie to her appointment, and Kai was... vampire."

"You didn't get it for him?"

"No," Rudy answered.

"Rameses said you did."

"I said he could keep it, it's just a bit of costume jewelry," Rudy shrugged. "People here seem to always be throwing stuff out. Don't tell me you're taking the piece from the boy."