The Secret & the Legacy: Chapter 6

September 2, 2040.

Big House.

Mikaelson Plantation, Jefferson Parish, Louisiana...

Reto groaned as he woke in the guest room, squished between Regulus and Rameses, Radzim snoring on the chair in the corner with his leg propped on the ottoman. Escaping his brothers, he tripped and crashed onto the floor, groaning again as he rubbed his hands as he pushed himself up to his feet. Stumbling out of the room, he hissed as he stubbed his toe, before walking out onto the main hall. Looking around, he heard the beginnings of the Mikaelsons and Skulk waking which had him dragging a hand through his curls as he walked for the kitchen, it was the one room where everyone was likely to be found.

The kitchen was absolute chaos, Verity ran right into his leg, which had him peering down at the young Chimera-Tribrid. The bewildered hazel eyes peered suspiciously at his leg.

"Mornin' chère," he smiled as he scooped up the toddler.

"Oh, thank you Reto," Hope appeared with her baby in her arms, Felicity.

"Of course," he smiled then looked at the toddler that just bit his shoulder; wincing at the sharp pain of sharp teeth. "I'll drop you if you bite me again," he warned seriously, Verity stopped biting then as she patted his shoulder.

"Sorry, werewolves, vampires, chimeras, they love biting," Hope said grimly as she set her baby in the play pin. "How are you? How's school? Dani and Vina said you have a girl you're going to ask out for Homecoming?"

"I am never telling anyone anything ever again," he muttered as he grabbed a cup of coffee.

"Hope!"

"In the kitchen!"

"Oh, good, look, I know it's human weekend, hey Retro," Constance breezed by as she ruffled his hair. "But I have to go in for the morning, could you cover my breakfast shift."

"No," Hope sighed.

"Please, you're up already, and Reto's here to help! Oh, look at that, gotta go, bye!"

"Hey! Get back here!" Hope shouted as she tried to follow the younger wolf. Reto just started on making the eggs.

"Morning Reto," Grace appeared with Amity.

"Constance bailed."

"Yeah, French Quarter is trying to blow up again," Faith appeared with a massive yawn.

"I got her," Amity mumbled as she took Verity from him.

"Still researching the Armillary Sphere?" Grace asked.

"Armillary Sphere?" Étienne appeared. "What's up with the Armillary Sphere?"

"Uh... nothing, it was in Da's things, and mom gave it to me," Reto admitted nervously.

"Huh, thought it didn't work," Étienne grumbled. "Who's having the first batch of coffee?"

"I'm making it, Étienne, we want to drink it, not turn because we drank it," Grace informed the Marine.

"Pussies."

"I'm a fully turned Tribrid, and even I would die drinking your coffee, Étienne," Amity huffed.

Reto snorted as he added more eggs.

"Oh, good, you started the eggs, I was just getting more," Vina said as she appeared with a basket of fresh eggs.

"Will you stop telling everyone I'm asking a girl to Homecoming?" he demanded as he glowered down at the thirteen-year-old.

"I'm Dani, but I'll tell Vina," Vina smiled sweetly.