Chapter 255

Qetsiyah looked at the two doppelgängers before her, she wanted to kill them both for their eerie similarity to both Amara and Silas. She hated them both, passionately.

"Why are you doing this!?" Amara's doppelgänger sobbed as Qetsiyah laid her out.

"Because you stole everything form me," Qetsiyah stated. "Not you, specifically, but your ancestor, and I am taking it all back."

"I've never met you!" the girl sob.

"My name is Qetsiyah, and I was the most powerful witch sired. Kings bowed to me, and Gods sought my favor," she purred. "I was revered, and desired, I was believed to be divine, the most powerful witch to live. Silas came for me, he came for my power, for my beauty, and you, Amara, betrayed me. You, who are nothing, a slave, less than life, you mean nothing, and you stole everything from me. Robbing me of my dignity, my future, my life, and you expected no consequences. Of course you did not expect consequences, you had found favor of the thief, my betrayer, the only witch of my equal; and you were nothing but a slave, nothing but a powerless mortal and you stole everything from me."

"That wasn't me!" the girl sobbed.

"I know," she smiled darkly. "I created the doppelgänger curse, so I could fix what you broke one day."

"I didn't break anything!" she sobbed.

"Sh, you'll need your strength for this next part, after I deliver to Lucien what he needs to complete his transition we will begin," Qetsiyah promised the doppelgänger. "And soon, Amara, you will be embraced Tartrus, and Silas will burn for everything he did to me."

The girl was sobbing as she lay there trying to move. Qetsiyah ignored her, keeping the girl still as she took the blood she needed. She would still need her Cure to immortality to truly finish everything she had set in motion. And that Cure, long as it took her to find it, but she had found it in the most unexpected of places when she had encountered Davina Claire and Kol Mikaelson. Qetsiyah had felt it in the blood of Kol, felt it in his power, his body, and his magic, and yet, over the last eight years, it had felt like her Cure was becoming less and less in him as his own magic and life force took over. She had to act now rather than later.

Pocessing Davina Claire would lure Kol here, she just needed the moment she felt his blood spilt to act. The moment he was down, she could retrieve him and take back everything which had been hers, and when she had the Cure and the doppelgängers in her possession then she would be able to get Amara and truly break Silas and Amara from this world, and then... then she would die at peace knowing she had fixed that which was wrong. She would break them all, she would reach through the realms and break it all to bring Silas back so he could witness the end, and Amara too so she could know they had not broken her. Qetsiyah would die at peace when she had fixed all the wrongs.

~~~*~*~*~~~

Vincent found Kol on the porch, he could see the wily, old fox thinking, and the way the constellation danced over Kol's arm. He could see the way Kol's magic ebbed and flowed through the stars, on his arm, but he could also see the way Kol was thinking about the Cure and tracking Davina. Most spells, rituals, magic, it was a give and a take, to gain power there was a surrendering to the unknown, and to witches it wasn't extremely worrisome when they accepted consequences of their actions. Vince knew this, it was why Kol and Davina worked so well together, they did not mind the consequences of their work, even if they did not always know what they were to anticipate for those consequences.

"Why didn't you tell anyone about the Cure?" Vincent asked.

Kol turned to him and looked back out at the soft rain. "It wasn't... it wasn't a lack of trust, though initially it was, but later, it just got to be so unimportant to any aspect of my life I forgot about it. I would admit to killing Silas, no one would ask how, and Davina and I were so consumed to figure out how to solve so many problems we never stopped to actually examine my blood or the Cure or how it interacted with my magic. And I never thought about how it could or would interact with Davina's magic, because it stopped being important to me at a point."