Chapter 211

Kol roused finally from what felt like the longest, deepest nap of his bloody life, he felt stiffer and sorer than any time he'd been let out of the box. A low groan tore from his throat as he rolled over onto his back, dragging hands over his face.

"You're awake!" he heard Rebekah before she was suddenly hugging him tightly, and he was struggling to breath as he tried to pry her off. His magic had settled again, and he could feel his reserves replenishing, but it was like he had drained the ocean of power and was down to a lake or something.

"For the love of Loki get off me!" he grumbled as he finally got his sister off him.

"You've been out for over a week, Kol," Rebekah huffed as she pulled herself away, and he rubbed his face over again, feeling the beginnings of a beard on his face which had him feeling a bit itchy, but he wasn't opposed to it. He could go by Red Beard again, he'd done that during his pirate phase back before Spain and ending up in a box; that had been fun.

"That explains the soreness," he muttered as he pushed himself up, stretching.

"Freya did some magic, you know, to make sure atrophy and other deterioration didn't start," she explained.

"Bex, I'm fine," he promised as he fell back on the bed wanting to do nothing but shower. He was certain he could smell himself and he didn't want to think about his siblings taking care of him, again.

"I'm human," she giggled, and he looked over to her again. He saw her gleeful smile, the delicate flush on her cheeks, and the mess hair, she also had a zit for the first time in a thousand years right by her nose; where she normally got them when she'd been human, and there were bags under her eyes.

"You look the same as ever," he chuckled as he moved her hair aside.

She smiled as she showed him her hands. "I never thought I'd see these again," she admitted.

He looked at the callouses from her sword and shield work, there was also scars on the tips of her fingers from her needle work and he chuckled.

"When I turned they were all back," he confessed.

"I missed them," she whispered.

"Welcome back to the land of the living," he murmured as he rested his shoulder against hers.

"Kol?"

"Hm?"

"How does an July wedding sound?" she whispered.

"Not to me, surely," he mused.

"Obviously not," she scoffed. "To Marcel, for me, we have everything planned, we just, until... you know, we were human, we weren't going to, but now," she gestured haplessly.

"I think it'll be a good wedding," he promised.

"Good," she chuckled as she leaned on him again. "Thank you Kol."

"Of course, you're my baby sister," he replied.

"I didn't expect it to be a reality," she confessed.

"Bex, for the love of not having a funeral instead of a wedding, condoms, use fucking condoms because Nik will kill your husband to be if you get knocked up before the wedding and I'm not practicing necromancy for you, I draw the line there," he warned.

She laughed as she kissed his cheek and darted out of the room. Kol gave a low groan as he fell back on the bed. He still felt utterly exhausted.

"So you give her advice, but not me," Henrik's voice quipped.

"I never thought I had to give you the talk after all the talks we had," Kol stated. He pushed himself up again as he looked at his baby brother who looked a bit anxious as he looked around the room.