Chapter 290

Kol waited for his wife as she got her arm set, he was patiently waiting for her; though he was probably pacing through the halls as he waited for his wife. He shouldn't be this anxious, though their bond he could feel her life thrumming strong and determinedly, she was fine, she was fine, it was all he was focusing on. Not the sudden surge of connections he had in magic which wound through all Nine Covens past the many connections he had; Kol was so used to feeling his own Skulk, nieces, nephews, his wife predominantly, his Ancestors, his siblings, he was used to those connections, as overwhelming as they could be, he was very accustomed to them. But he was not accustomed to this amount of connection to witches, he wasn't filtering it or studying it right at this moment. He wasn't, he was focusing on his wife right now.

Davina was alive, and she was being helped; getting her bones set properly would help her, which was the only reason he didn't tear off the door and go get her.

Kaleb walked up to him. "She's going be alright."

"I'm aware," Kol muttered.

"You need to stop pacing, your connections are making the lights flicker," Kaleb informed him. Kol glared at the man but didn't disagree with him because this was problematic observation.

"You know, just once, once, it'd be nice if Davina could not get mortally wounded for something we're doing, just once, I kept her safe for the last seven years without incident until the fucking Strix and Trinity, but she was safe. Now this..." he groaned as he fell into the seat, draping himself over three chairs to be comfortable because he wanted space. His skin was crawling and annoying him, he could feel all Nine Covens and all their witches, which was new and irksome.

"You two never seem to stay out of the fray," Kaleb chuckled.

"It'd just be nice," Kol muttered.

"It's not like you come through everything unscathed."

"I'm the Viking, it's an occupational hazard," he dismissed.

"And as the only Brit of our group I'm going to say this with love and affection, but, Davina's a crazy American, they're an occupational hazard," Kaleb chuckled.

"Fucking American's," Kol grumbled.

"I've grown exceptionally fond of Americans, especially in this backwater," Kaleb decided.

"Kol," Keelin appeared then. He got up as he left Kaleb behind him. "Just Kol right now," she said.

"I'll go sit with Davina then," Kaleb decided as he patted Kol's shoulder and slipped into the room.

"How is she?" Kol asked as he looked at Keelin.

"She's fine, Kol, I set her arm, and she's going to be fine, but that's not what I wanted to talk to you about," Keelin admitted as she gestured for them to walk. Kol was reluctant to walk with her but he was walking down the hall.

"Then why are we walking away from Davina?" Kol asked warily.

"Look, we're family at this point, Kol," she stated.

"Keelin, I don't care any of this, I care about Davina being in the hospital room which we are currently walking away from," Kol pointed out harshly.

"Kol, I love you like a brother, you are my brother or will be soon," Keelin started.

"If you're trying to hide something from me, about Davina's health, then this will not end well for you, family or not," he warned with his teeth bared.

"I ran a blood test on her," Keelin stated. "It's standard, and necessary, I know all her witchiness makes it so she requires different drugs, and herbs, and I just needed to know what I could and couldn't give her, medically, but we run tests..."