Chapter 270

Davina groaned as she finally opened her eyes to the world, it was bright; in February, which had her wincing as she tried to roll away from the light. Shifting her view was filled with the sight of Kol which had her relaxing a bit as she smiled slightly. She felt like a giant bruise, everything hurt, but he was here so she smiled. Kol roused slowly and his bleary eyes met hers', then he was wide awake.

"Davina!" he was over her and she smiled a little more as she curled her fingers a bit; the action hurt, she hurt, but she was alive. "You scared the life out of me, love," he breathed as he was checking her over.

"Sorry," she rasped tiredly.

He smiled as he traced her cheek. "This is hands down our worst date ever," he informed her.

She snorted as he got up, pressing his lips to her brow as he went to get doctors and healers.

The next few weeks sucked for Davina though because she was exhausted easily, and healing in general sucked; also, she wasn't ever unsupervised. Just talking her family into letting her sit on the newly reconstructed porch took bribery of epic proportions; she just wanted to sit in the sun.

The McCall-Hale Pack hung around the Plantation a lot and it was interesting to say the least. Davina didn't quite understand how they had been roped into teaching at the Institute, but Davina was not one to ever cross Caroline when Caroline decided something was going to happen. Caroline made things happen, and honestly Davina found her too intimidating to deal with at times. However, the McCall-Hale Pack was... interesting. Scott helped around the farm, Stiles was working with Henrik, Derek had taken up teaching a steady art class here, Isaac was teaching poetry, Cora was helping Isaac out or running around with some of the younger kids at the Institute to tire them out, Lydia had taken up teaching math, Kira had taken up joining Henrik and Mikael in combat lessons, while the rest of the Pack was working with Hayley's pack around the Plantation.

The reconstruction of the Big House was an expansion, which Davina thought was Klaus just taking advantage of the fact he could redesign without the family protesting. The reconstruction was going swiftly, if only so Monique and Henrik's wedding wouldn't be delayed to May.

It shocked Davina how easy it was for Monique and Henrik to decide to delay their early March wedding for late March, early April. Granted most everything they had planned out and booked was willing to work with them, but it was still startling to Davina that they were doing this. It was somewhat nice too, so she could still be the Maid of Honor with Abby and Cassie as bridesmaids. Monique and Henrik were rather flexible about their wedding, only stippling it had to happen on a Friday, which now that Davina thought about it, seemed to be the only demand Mikaelsons made.

More surprising though, at least to Davina was the efforts all the Mikaelsons were making to be more... family like to her. Klaus had come around to keep her company, or to sketch with her, neither of them really talked. Finn had picked her up some mystery novels he thought she would enjoy; which was sweet, but some of the most difficult reads in her library; Josh saved her by bringing her Sarah J. Maas's A Court of Thorns and Roses. Freya had started doing magic exercises with Davina to help Davina recultivate her magic reserves, which was unexpected. Henrik had taken to knitting with her and threatened her with stabbing her with a knitting needle if she laughed at all about this. Rebekah had taken to teaching Davina embroidery; which was very difficult in Davina's opinion, but they also did some basic exercises together because Davina was healing, and Rebekah was pregnant; so they were about even on activity levels. Davina was never escaping prenatal yoga; she just knew it. Elijah had taken time to have a daily tea sit down with Davina, which she found both interesting and annoying; Elijah was clearly trying, but he was also giving her only decaffeinated teas, and Davina was in dire need of caffeine. Dire. Need. Mikael had also taken to teaching Davina old games, though he was clearly not invested in her learning these. Sage had taken of Davina's physical therapy with Keelin; and the two were brutal, but effective. Caroline did not really hang around Davina, but that was fine with Davina as they didn't have much in common, but Caroline did come around to do hair and nails once a week now.