Chapter 241

Davina was outside when they went to retrieve Kol, Klaus and Elijah had run off to deal with something in New Orleans, probably to hunt Strix and the Trinity. She was leaning on the truck as she waited for Henrik and Finn to come out with Kol, she wanted to storm the gates, but both Finn and Henrik had reasoned with her that Will's obsession with her would hinder them getting Kol out of jail. So she was waiting, toying with the letter from the fire witch as she waited.

"I see you received my note," a voice said, and Davina's head whipped around to find herself looking at the leader of the French Quarter Coven. Tessa Levi smiled a bit tightly.

"I didn't know it was you," she admitted as she leaned fully on the hood of her truck.

"I've been reaching out to you for years," Tessa pointed out seriously.

"I apologize, I have been exceedingly busy," Davina confessed. She had remembered Tessa from La Fête des Bénédictions because she'd been one of the only people to present Davina with a gift for coming back to life, a fire amulet.

"I heard you lost your grandmother, I'm sorry for your loss," Tessa said softly.

"Same night we met," Davina murmured. "I am sorry, I have not been evading you."

"I am aware," she chuckled good naturedly. "When I lost the one I loved most I was mad with grief and betrayal, I do not remember the following years very well, just that I was exceptionally busy with keeping myself busy."

Davina smiled meekly.

"I did not expect you to be here though," Tessa said.

"Why are you here?"

"My boyfriend works here," Tessa answered. "He's rather... obsessed with you," she chuckled.

"Who's your boyfriend?" Davina asked warily.

"Oh don't be that way, he is a good man, merely, a mortal though who does not know better about our world," she stressed.

"You're dating Will Kinney?" Davina muttered in dubious disbelief.

"He is a rather kind man, just simple," Tessa shrugged.

"Why is he obsessed with me?" Davina asked tightly.

"You, sweet girl are the same age as his sister when she was killed by a man six years her senior who had groomed her in college to be his one and only," Tessa explained. "Will could not save his sister, but he wishes to save you."

"I'm not able to be saved," Davina countered firmly. "Because what I needed saving from Kol saved me from."

"I know," Tessa smiled sadly.

"Why do you want to help us? The Skulk I mean," Davina asked.

"I have much... unfinished business, and the Sisters, the encroaching coven of witches, will interfere with my business when they understand what it is I do," Tessa answered cryptically.

Davina frowned as she raised a brow suspiciously at Tessa's own enigmatic about her intentions or plans. "I'm not inclined to welcome just anyone into our lives, given the stakes."

"I am well aware of such a sensation, but you and I can accomplish everything if we work together, there is much I can teach you, and much I can learn from you, we are the only two fire witches of the city," Tessa pointed out.

Davina nodded slowly. "What do you know about the Sisters?" she asked warily.

"Much, they wanted to recruit me into their ranks, fire is such a powerful element," Tessa chuckled. "I would infiltrate their ranks with the promise to lure you to them, we can destroy them from within."