Chapter 331

Davina trembled as she peaked out around the porch at the crowds which had gathered for her wedding, her hands were trembling as she saw them. Davina didn't do well in front of crowds, she didn't do well with people or being on display, and she didn't really know how their wedding ceremony would go because she and Kol hadn't rehearsed it in all the preparations, just trusting Rebekah and Vincent not to let them make fools of themselves.

"That's a lot of people," she whispered nervously.

"It is," Marcel appeared then and she glanced up at her dad. "It's not too late to run, Davina, I can get the car and we'll gun it!"

She snorted and smiled a bit as she bit her lip. "It is a bit too late, nine years too late."

"Lil D, it's never too late to run if it's what you really want," Marcel assured her playfully with his lazy boy charming smile.

"Promise?"

"OF course, you're always going to be my baby girl," Marcel informed her seriously.

"Even though..."

"Especially because I'm mortal, baby, it only changed on paper, as you know," Marcel promised.

She nodded.

"You look stunning Lil D," Marcel said suddenly.

"Really?" she looked up at him as he looked her over.

"Second most beautiful bride I've ever seen in my life, but definitely the prettiest woman here, right now," Marcel assured.

"Thanks," she whispered.

"Time to go!" Caroline chimed in. Davina carefully looked up at Marcel.

"Ready?" he asked seriously.

She took a shaky breath as she looped her arm in his and slowly nodded. "I'm ready. Please don't let me fall on my face," she pleaded.

"I will never let you fall, baby girl," Marcel promised seriously.

~~~*~*~*~~~

Kol and Davina, similar to Henrik and Monique had meshed the wedding traditions between the Catholics and Kol's people. Mostly, because of the modern crowd they were sticking closer to Catholic traditions. Which had Kol waiting for his bride. He had gone to the old tree, and was a bit amused as he waited. The morning had slipped into the afternoon, and the photos had taken most the afternoon. There'd been a lunch feast for everyone while the photos were happening, and now it was time for the ceremony as the sun was setting and the storm was settling. The rain was misting, not quiet rain, not mist either.

Vincent; who had agreed to officiate the wedding; came forward, his magic flitted around as he lit the candles so a quiet glow settled over the tree groves, the bottle trees gave off many different colors; bottles hung up through the centuries and old glass, it made the old grove almost like the old fairy tale forests of old. His and Freya's magic was keeping the air cool and tolerable. There was a mist clinging to the air, the misty rain was light.

"Oh, it has been a long time waiting for this," Vincent chuckled walking to stand by the arch.

"So everyone keeps claiming," Kol sighed.

"You know, it is an honor to perform the third wedding ceremony," Vincent grinned.

"Oh bloody hell, it is the third," Kol grimaced.

"This is the first and only legal wedding in the eyes of the mortals, and witches," Vincent chuckled.

"You know your union saved me ad her on various separate occasions."