Chapter 319

Hope was carefully exploring the Refr's Institution of Witchcraft, Sorcery, Wizardry, & Magic, it was... it was everything the Salvatore Boarding School for the Young & Gifted wasn't. The open, neoclassical architecture with the light airy colors, it was so welcoming and carefree. Kids were running through, there were casual displays of magic again, the massive, sweeping, open floorplan, nothing felt caged off. It didn't feel dark, or trapped like the Salvatore school, no, it felt different. Alive and beautiful. Hope was bewitched at the beautiful artwork of her father's lined the walls; portraits of family members, portraits of friends, and landscapes, there were abstract pieces from her father's abstract period, the murals were stunning of old New Orleans as they lined the walls. The carpets were rich, covering the big, deep colored hardwood floors. The color schemes were sapphire blues, emerald greens, burgundy reds, and blush pearl, the copper metal work, and silvers, it was stunning. So much more welcoming and elegant than the Salvatore school had been, and it was effortless too, it was in a way her family had always seemed to do.

The Salvatore school was always obviously vampire, it was dark, grim, intimidating, but it was also dark.

She was carefully toeing her way through the Institution and she trembled a little seeing everything her family had built. This was everything Alaric had said her family could never be, and it hurt so much.

"Who are you?" Hope turned to see a slender young woman, maybe her age.

"Who are you?" Hope countered haughtily.

"Stephanie Reimonenq," she answered. "I'm a student here."

"I'm Hope, Mikaelson," she said carefully as she walked forward. The young woman's brow rose but she didn't look intimidated.

"Hope," she saw her dad then as he walked forward.

"Dad..." she watched him walked towards her father.

"Miss Reimonenq is needed in class, last I checked," Klaus said.

"I..."

"Now," Klaus raised his brow which had the young woman walking off. Hope watched the girl leave, and she walked over to her father.

"I can handle myself!" she hissed furiously.

"I am aware, but I am also aware that Miss Reimonenq is a Harvest Girl and that is power not to take lightly. We are calling a family meeting, and your Tatie D, and Uncle have insisted you be there; your Aunt Rebekah will be home right about... now," Klaus said his ears twitching. Hope's own ears twitched before she accepted her father's hand as he whisked her away. They were in front of the Big House now.

"Alright, alright, yes, we are all here, everyone out of the car, Rémy you drop that frog! Alizée, where's Henrik...! HENRIK!" Rebekah shouted. Hope's eyes widened as she saw her aunt, and she could hear her aunt's heartbeat. Marcel snatched up one of the children.

"Alright, everyone into the house!" Marcel barked which had the kids scrambling into the house.

"How come they listen to you?" Rebekah huffed.

"Cause I'm dad," Marcel smiled easily.

"That is cheating," Rebekah huffed. "And who is this beautiful young lady?"

"I..." Hope strangled out as she found herself being hugged.

"You look like your father, and Freya," Rebekah smiled. "BOYS!" she barked. "Come on, we'll get a cup of tea, and we'll all get caught up..."

"Caroline is making the tea."

"Thor have mercy, here, hold Louis," Rebekah shoved her baby to Klaus. "Caroline cannot make a decent cup."