Chapter 263

Hayley groaned as she came too, rubbing her neck as she looked up and around at the area she found herself in. She hissed as she stood, feeling herself rattling which had her looking down at the impossibly heavy chains binding her. There was a rattling as she looked around, trying to gage where she was, but all she could make out was that she was in a basement. There were animal cages here, which had raising her brow as she looked around the area. There were heavy thuds, the sounds of gears shifting and unlocking which had her wolf on high alert as she tried to figure out where the sounds were coming from. The crisp slicking of heels was a bit of an annoyance as Hayley found a woman walking towards them.

"So you are the famous Hayley Marshall, I must admit I was expecting more of the mother of tribrids," a dark woman said as she elegantly walked forward.

"Yeah, we all suffer disappointments," Hayley sneered. She stared levelly at the woman, she embodied lethal beauty really. Everything about the ancient vampiress screamed danger to Hayley's inner wolf.

"The only unsired vampire," the woman mused. "I do not know whether to be surprised or unimpressed by you.

Hayley blinked a few times at that statement. "I'm not a vampire."

"Forgive me, hybrid," the woman chuckled the correction. "I am surprised, you are not his normal type."

"Not blonde?" Hayley ventured dryly.

The woman smirked. "Not... refined," she finally decided before walking away. Hayley groaned as she was left alone, she was still feeling her body healing and reanimating itself, the pain she felt of her neck being snapped. "Niklaus and Elijah both share a taste for the finer things in life..."

"Yeah, well, they decided to take a walk on the wild side, refinement is dull for men who were Vikings," Hayley mused. "And if you're going to insult me, I should at least know your name."

"My apologies, I am Aya Al-Rashid," she stated coolly.

"Right... scholarly ex," Hayley finally deduced. She remembered some Elijah's talks about Strix, and how he and Aya had come together with a shared vision. This viper of a woman did strike Hayley as a bitter ex too as she stared at the woman's dark gaze.

"Ex?" Aya sneered at the word.

"Yeah, ex, you know, the past, a mistake, the woman who was obsessed with Elijah, but you could never retain his affections," Hayley mocked.

That angered the vampiress who took a step towards Hayley, Hayley's lip curled back as she let her fangs drop in challenge and her inner wolf started fluffing up and making her bigger. Hayley was ready to lunge at the bars if the vampiress got closer.

"You are nothing," Aya decided before walking away in a brisk manner. When Hayley was sure she was alone she started examining where she was being held. Escaping was her priority, and Hayley was going home to her girls and her pack and her family.

~~~*~*~*~~~

Davina felt the chain clatter off her wrist as Kol filtered through their magic, exchanging elements, and when it fell she saw the startled eyes of the wolves. Davina blinked a few times, shuddering at the waves of Kol's power. She winced at the sensation of currents tugging and pulling through her, which had her gasping as she grabbed the bars. There was this drowning feeling, she couldn't fight Kol's power as it churned like a freed river crashing and racing through her body. The fires she normally felt warming her were chilled and quench as it felt like there was an ocean of ice being released in her veins. Gasping for air she felt some of Kol's power slowing, some of the calm and steady he described. Grippng the bars hard, Davina held herself up as she closed her eyes, focusing on her breathing as she let her own magic go and stopped fighting Kol's pull on her magic. The way the water felt, the way it flowed, it felt so different from her connection, the exact opposite really, she felt like she had to let go, to release it, to follow it, see where it lead.