Chapter 223

It was a quiet morning for Davina as she and Monique were going wedding dress shopping. They had decided to make it an all-day excursion, starting with breakfast at Mother's and coffee at Café DuMonde's; both delicious treats this dreary day as they weren't up to start the farming routines they both normally worked. The rest of the Skulk was no doubt up and taking care of those chores though before the Institution would be up. Instead, they had left at before the house was awake and were on their merry way.

"And so many French people thought I was mocking them with my accent and 'poor' French to the point I wanted to scream 'I'm from Louisiana' at the top of my lungs."

"That's rude and annoying," Monique agreed.

"Thank You! Kol said it was cultural but he's a fucking polyglot with perfect accents," she sighed in annoyance.

"It get's old."

"How's everything with you and Henrik?" Davina asked as they walked.

"Good, like really good. Plus the Mikaelsons are great, they've been so much help with Alizée and the house, plus the institution..." Monique trailed off. "They just... they're... a lot, sometimes. And reminding them I'm Alizée's mom is exhausting. They take this communal approach to the children, which is fine, but I'm only Alizée mom, and sometimes I want to remind them, like the other day when I said no to a dress and Freya got it for her anyways."

"That does get tiring."

"Tell me about it. Plus, and say nothing about this because I don't think anyone knows yet, but Bonnie is pregnant."

"You're sure!?" Davina sputtered in disbelief. Bonnie had offhandedly mentioned not having kids until she was thirty at least, because she wanted to travel, and the Institution was just taking off, and she just didn't know how to broach the subject between Kaleb and Kai about who would be a father and how they would go about doing this. And Davina remembered this talk from a couple of years ago after Rebekah announced her second pregnancy.

"After the Harvest I came into m family's special talents, especially after Aunt Sophie died, and yeah... I feel the starts of life just like with Rebekah's pregnancy," Monique explained. "Bonnie is early enough in her pregnancy I don't think she knows."

"Oh Lord," Davina muttered. "Is there anyway to tell who the father is?"

"Obviously it's Kaleb or Kai, but I wouldn't know which, I just feel life, not the connections in lines. I also don't know or understands the logistics of their relationship, but it's one of those two," Monique stated.

"I guess we'll learn in time," Davina sighed.

"Yeah, thanks for this morning by the way."

"Of course."

"Henrik and I have been talking too, like we know it's not a great time, but we've been talking about having another baby. I've paid off a good portion of my college debt thanks to the Mikaelsons and being employed by the Plantation, and we have a house, because of the Mikaelsons, so we're considering it. I also would want Alizée to have a sibling before she gets too much older."

"But..." Davina drawled out to hear her friend's counter arguments for having a baby.

"That's the thing, we can't find any down falls other than we wouldn't be able to travel freely."

"Sure you can, you have the whole Skulk volunteering to babysit, and the Mikaelsons. You will have time to travel if you want to travel," Davina pointed out.

"What about you? Have you and Kol discussed anything regarding your futures together?"

"Not really..." she admitted with a grimace.