Chapter 322

Hope shivered a little as she saw them pulling up to a bright red house with white trim, it looked like there were dragon decorative pieces at the seams of the black roof. There was intricate wood work, and intricate carvings, she saw the details clearly as they pulled up to the house; there was a white picket fence around the front area of the house. It was... quaint, unlike everything else her family had owned in lavished wealth, this was quaint.

"Uncle Kol!" Grace and Faith were pushing each other out of the car as they pulled up and Hope saw her uncle appear out of the front door, he caught them effortlessly as they unloaded the rest of the girls.

"No Alizée, we do not do as Grace and Faith do and jump out of running vehicles," her uncle Henrik chided as he unloaded his car.

"I'm not it!" Landon shouted.

"Boys, careful for the ice!" Rebekah called out as Davina snatched up one of the boys. "Oh come now, don't be shy," Rebekah caught her hand, pulling Hope forward as she stumbled after her aunt. "We won't all be staying here, this is Kol's house, ours are in the village, but this is a good starting point."

"This is Kol's house!?" she sputtered.

"Davina, love I'm being attacked by giants!"

"Good luck!"

"You'd leave me!?"

"She MINE!" the boy in her arms bellowed.

"My heart is claimed by this charming giant, you'll have to fend for yourself," Davina chuckled.

"Witch!" Kol laughed.

"Uncle Kol we staying for long night!" one of the Quads said. "Are you!?"

"Yes, Uncle Kol needs a bloody vacation," Kol chuckled as he stood. Hope saw him dangling one of the Quad's by her ankles. "And being attacked by Giants, Dwarves, and Trolls is not on the vacation itinerary!"

The girl was laughing hysterically as Kol swung her around and set her on her feet.

"Why must you always manhandle the young ones?" Uncle Elijah asked.

"Well, I'm the fun Uncle, must do all the things their parents would never dare," Kol chuckled.

"But dangling my daughter by her ankle, Kol?" Klaus groused as he scooped up one of the girls onto his shoulders. "It is good to see you, brother," Klaus caught Kol in a hug and Hope blinked rapidly as Kol held Klaus back.

Hope's own family, while dysfunctional had always embraced like this. A heavy hand had her gaze jerking up to her the offender touching her, only to find herself looking at her uncle's dark gaze.

"After Mikael's funeral, and your own connection to our Ancestors, with Nik, will we rewrite your memories," he said softly. "I am sorry for the delay, but you still have time to change your mind," he promised gently.

"I..." she bit her lip as she nodded.

"Alright, darling," he smiled tightly and slowly Hope reached out, taking him in a hug.

"I never got to say goodbye to my Uncle Kol," she sniffled.

"If he was anything like me, darling, he didn't need the goodbye, and he loved you," Kol assured her.

Hope nodded. She hadn't brought herself to read her uncle's letter yet, and she didn't know if she wanted to, a part of her never wanted to know what his final words were when there was a version of him here, alive, and he was so like everything she had ever known. She sagged against her Uncle a little before he pulled away, catching a different one of the kids with ease.