Chapter 348

Davina peeked out the window, pulling Lucy down as she peered at who was here. She could feel the power of magic gathering around them, but she couldn't pinpoint how many witches. Davina could feel the sparks of power, unlike Bonnie or Kai though she wasn't a sensory inclined, though she gave it enough attention to know her surroundings. Davina's telepathic and mental manipulation abilities were top notch, her sensory skills though needed improvement.

Her eyes trailed over the treeline, and then to the men who got out of the car. It was Alaric and Jeremy which had her frowning.

"Friends of yours?" Lucy asked softly.

"Not even a little bit," Davina muttered. "How good are your sensory skills?"

"Good, and we are being surrounded, I can feel the magic, it's... Gemini I think," Lucy muttered.

"Great," Davina muttered sourly. If the Gemini were here then they had a plan, and she didn't like the idea of having walked into a trap. She carefully relayed that to Kol through their bond, she could feel his magic building, Davina let her own unfurl with his as the skies started darkening, the lightning streaked through the air.

"What are you doing?" Lucy asked.

"Well, if the Gemini are here, it's not good, so I'm going to put up a fight, you're going to get the Ascendent, and Kol's going to have my back."

"I..."

"Lucy, Kol and I can't open an Ascendent, you can, you're a Bennett, so you have to find the Ascendent, I think Kol and I are about to be in over our heads," Davina admitted as the lightning streaked through the skies again. The thunder rattled the world with a deafening BOOM as Kol was on the porch and Davina carefully tip toed through the house. She was fast to draw the runes of protection, she found candles as she started placing out the protection, and the crystals, there weren't a lot of herb choices, but she could make work with what she had. Lucy seemed to be meditating, but Davina knew the witch's magic had unfurled, the air in the mansion was thicker, heavier, but nimble, she felt the Bennett's power.

Davina could admit she was envious of the effortless power Bennetts exuded when they were taught properly, but she knew that she was also powerful with Kol. She pulled a knife as she traced a slice along the old scar on her hand, utilizing her blood as she felt the runes in the house infuse to her power. Kol's bond was thrumming powerfully between them as their magic entwined tightly for an attack.

"The Gemini are here," she whispered, the rains broke the skies then.

"I know," he answered just as softly in her ear.

"Lucy will get the Ascendent, we protect her," Davina rasped.

"Agreed," he purred menacingly.

"Play nice," she ordered.

Davina walked into the kitchen, pleased it was stocked with somethings; alcohol being primary, she started making out Molotov cocktails, something she was particularly adept at given her fire inclination.

~~~*~*~*~~~

Kol had let his power unfurl as he felt his wife's power merge into his, and the storm built rapidly overhead as he looked at Jeremy and Alaric. Realistically, Jeremy would tbe the one to take out first, he was mortally younger than Kol, and more agile as a Hunter; Kol's edge on Jeremy was his thousand years and sheer practice and training. Alaric, would be easy to take out, not because he wasn't a difficult opponent, but rather because he was emotional, and probably a bit tipsy; perhaps not drunk but Kol couldn't remember the last time Alaric was sober.

Kol felt his wife starting to build her defenses and traps, he let his magic overwhelm everyone here so they wouldn't sense Davina, feeling the winds starting to kick up drastically as the Bennett joined the building storm. Kol had seen Bonnie build a tornado once, and he had felt her power, the Bennett they were working with now, whilst powerful, was not like Bonnie's power, and he carefully let her magic weave around his own and Davina's, keeping her presence hidden with Davina's.