Chapter 231

Kol released Davina's hand as they neared his siblings, Elijah looked tense, Nik was looking over the crowd, while Finn kept Freya and Sage near him. Kol was a bit baffled Finn was here, but strength in numbers, and if they were hiding Rebekah and Henrik, then Finn should be here. Davina neatly transferred herself from him to Marcel, because the place was crawling with vampires, werewolves, and witches, there were other humans too. Kol snagged a passing flute of Champaign as he looked around the masquerade ball. Hayley and Caroline were also here, both looking beautiful, but not as beautiful as Davina.

"Glad you could make it," Elijah murmured softly as Kol's eyes flitted over the crowd.

"Tried to get out of it. Davina insisted he come," he replied softly. Kol would much rather be ravishing Davina than here. He couldn't get over the image of her in that black lace pair of panties, the mask, and her hair all done.

"Thank Freyja for Davina," Elijah muttered.

"Just because she got me here does not mean I will behave," he warned his brother seriously. Kol had made no promises to Davina that he would behave in their hunt of their enemy. So, he was free to be himself, Davina was probably going to regret not making him promise to behave...

"Kol!" Elijah admonished sharply. "You will keep your Loki worshiping ways at home, and you will not entice Niklaus' wrath!"

"I'm going to be myself," he promised cheerfully as he knocked back the Champaign and put the flute on a passing tray. Elijah tried to grab him, but Kol caught Davina, kissed her cheek before he darted into the crowd.

"Kol!"

"Don't kill anyone!" Davina called after him. Oh, she was so going to regret no making him promise to behave, he thought in amusement.

"Kol!" Elijah, Finn, and Nik's voices snarled after him as he walked into the crowd. Kol glanced over his shoulder in time to see Caroline's horrified expression as he walked into the crowd. Kol gave her a wink before he let the crowd swallow him. It was a bit of déjà vu when he first woke in this era. This time though, he wouldn't be pitched off a balcony.

~~~*~*~*~~~

Davina watched Kol disappear into the crowd as she snagged her own flute of Champaign. Davina was mid sip when Freya, Finn, Elijah, and Klaus all turned their glared onto her. Caroline looked a bit murderous, while Hayley and Sage looked very amused, while Marcel looked like he was trying not to burst into laughter.

"What!?" Davina demanded as she glared back. "We're busy!"

"You can't just unleash the psychotic maniac on a hostile group of unknown enemies! The now mortal brother who flirts with death like it's you!" Klaus snarled.

"First, he hasn't killed anyone in years, so be proud of that, and second, he's not suicidal," she quipped.

"How could you not secure a promise from him to be on his best behavior!" Caroline demanded.

Davina tilted her head up a little to meet the young immortal's glare before she spoke levelly. "He never secured my promise for me to be on my best behavior either." Sage broke into a fit of laughter then, and Davina smiled sharply though as she continued. "Why would I ask him to be on his best behavior anyways? I'm not his keeper, Caroline."

"Lil D, you and I are going to dance," Marcel informed her as she left Kol's family flummoxed. Marcel lead her to the dance floor, leading her away from the Mikaelsons. She giggled as he spun her out and brought her back to him. "We haven't had any quality father-daughter time."

"I haven't really gotten to see you since getting back," she pointed out as she held onto his shoulder and let him lead her along.

"We should have a father-daughter day," he decided seriously.