Chapter 227

Kol bounced his niece on his hip as he looked over Davina who was standing there looking bemused and a bit exasperated. He was just relieved her flare of magic had kept everyone safe. Tucking her into his side he pressed his lips to her temple as they walked. Grace was gleefully giving him the blow by blow and Kol hummed and nodded where he was supposed to. Davina's hand was in his back pocket, fucking vixen was a menacing tease.

"Your Tatie is pretty cool," Kol agreed with amusement at Grace's glee over Davina's display of lightning.

"She sook the earth," Grace informed him seriously.

"Your uncle summoned a hurricane, sugar," Davina countered.

"Not my finest moment," he reminded his lover.

"But it makes what I did look a bit superfluous," she countered.

"Really!? A whole hurricane!?" Grace stared at him in awe; he could all but see the tiny gears in her head accepting this challenge.

"Grace, darling, I'm gonna need you to go wreak havoc upon Caroline and the school, I have boring adult business to manage," he informed her seriously.

Grace burst into giggles as he swung her down, then she darted off, her dark auburn hair a flurry of red as she disappeared. She was a great little Loki worshiping fox in the making, there were a few disgruntled shouts as Grace disappeared.

"You don't have to continuously sic her on the school," Davina sighed.

"But it's great fun, and she has a name to live up to. Besides, it's payback on Caroline for the wedding drama," Kol muttered.

"I HEARD THAT!" Caroline's voice bellowed.

"You were meant to!" he called over his shoulder. Caroline and Nik's wedding, whilst lovely, and everything a young couple should ever dream to have. It had been an unmitigated nightmare, and had Kol reluctant to the idea of a wedding as a whole. Caroline and Nik had had the very definition of a fairytale wedding, and it was a disaster. And somehow, to appease Caroline, Kol had ended up wearing orange. ORANGE. He had red hair in the sun. He might not be king of fashion, but even he wasn't such a fool to wear Orange on an autumn's day when all the leaves were changing. He was still mad about it, and he was more annoyed at all the fucking drama his brother and his sister-in-law created. Caroline was a wonderful girl, and Nik was Nik, but holy hells they were dramatic. They had made Rebekah look like a sweet bride rather than the bridezilla she had been.

"Kol," Davina groaned.

"Love, I am a child, we know this, let it go," he insisted.

"You're worse than a child," she sighed.

"I try," he cackled. "Are you alright?" he whispered as they entered the Skulk parlor.

"I'm just rattled, no one's been so bold as to enter Mikaelson territory or Skulk territory without an invitation. It's unnervingly audacious of whoever this is," she muttered.

"And attempting to poison you in a crowded restaurant wasn't?" Kol demanded sharply. He didn't get how Davina wasn't upset about that one, he was livid about it, because he wanted her to stay alive, he kind of needed her alive.

"I knew that one was a trap, hard to be mad about what I know is a trap," she quipped. "It's rather like your aunt, hard to be mad about it when I knew about it," she sighed.

"I'm mad about it," he snarled lowly.

"Which is why I have the homicidal Viking for a lover!" she smiled.

"That's not endearing."

"But it's reassuring Kol," she promised. "Trust me on that one."

"I do trust you," he reminded her seriously. He trusted Davina with everything, but he was still angered someone would dare to attempt to take her from her. Slowly the Skulk started coming into the office where Vincent was setting up his desk. Freya was already there. Bonnie looking sick as a dog appeared, and Kol pulled Davina closer to himself before she could go catch herself whatever had Bonnie looking like that. Kai and Kaleb appeared with Bonnie, both were talking softly between themselves. Cassie and Abby appeared, while Monique hurried in lastly.