Chapter 292

Kol was bored, he was mind numbingly bored. So bored, he didn't think he could get any more bored than he already was. He had been schmoozing the Covens all bloody morning and it was coming up on the afternoon, and he wanted a really stiff drink, the sort to burn out his stomach and mind, he just wanted...

Bloody hell, he wanted to know if Davina was or was not pregnant, he wanted that off his worry list. Worse, he wanted Inadu to just materialize so he could kill her already, or Nik could, or anyone; point was, Kol wanted Inadu dead. Then he wanted to go take a baseball bat to Malivore, and get on with his bloody life. He had a wife he had to arrange circus weddings with, and shit to do; general shit which didn't include playing nice with everyone. He also felt so weird feeling the New Orleans ancestors, it was disturbing to have this sort of connection to Davina's grandmother, he hated it. Not because he hated Mary, he didn't care about her really, but he hated this weirdness. Kol was thoroughly bound to Davina, he had his own ancestors he was connected to and communed with, he had his own coven he was connected with. The connection to New Orleans ancestors, it was disturbing and a bit much and amplified by the Nine, and he didn't like it. It was at a time like this he actually wanted to talk to Dahlia.

Surprisingly, Dahlia and he got on, now that she was very much so an ancestor and not trying to curse him to procreate. Though he might've put his foot in his mouth on that front. However, Dahlia had been very helpful to Kol and learning more about his roots and his family's magic, Kol could admit that; but he was also peeved at his aunt for her little fertility runes on his wife.

Five minutes, five uncomplicated minutes was all Kol was asking for in his life, and that seemed so beyond his reach and he was mind-numbingly bored. Kol was the kind of bored, that if he wasn't supervised, he'd be lighting shit on fired, he rarely got to this level of bored. The last time had been when he was spending time in Denver with the baby Gilbert. Jeremy's emo bullshit was boring, Kol was not the one to try to connect with a kid thinking he had it rough, also had no taste in fun. Most fun Kol had in Denver was the batting cages and figuring out how to hit a baseball without cheating. Well, that, and a few other hunting excursions he had had, and there was that all expense night he had put on Nik's credit card; which he was pretty sure Nik was still paying off.

Back to the point, Kol was bored.

Kol was not meant to be King, he was bored, so painfully bored.

"Ah, brother," he turned to see Nik making his way through the crowd with Elijah and Hayley; Caroline was probably with the girls somewhere if those three were here.

"Nik," he greeted his elder brother with a sharp smile of his own.

"Do behave," Elijah warned as he stepped forward.

"I'm behaving!" he huffed irritably. "I'm bored though, and I want to go home, or blow up something."

"Oh, excellent, now is the time to speak to you about your little, lovely, wife," Klaus stated 'wife' so flatly and dangerously without his false jovial tone it grated Kol's nerves.

"Did you seriously snoop through my house?" he demanded icily.

"No, but your box of important papers tried to kill me," Hayley interjected.

"Huh, yeah, it does that," he chuckled in amusement as he scratched the back of his neck. He really needed to put that box somewhere else, but it was a bit fun having to dodge it.

"We didn't actually come to harass you," Elijah informed him.

"You didn't, I did," Klaus snarked. "I have a gift for the bride."

"Oh bloody hell," he muttered as he stared skyward and prayed for anything else to happen; seriously, anything, World War III or the moon colliding with the earth, anything. This was turning into the worst kept secret he had ever had.