Chapter 293

Kol looked up when his wife walked into the Big House library where he was reading over every note and memory he had of his interaction with Mary while he was becoming Regent. She walked in looking very upset, her hair was half up and all a mess, but she looked upset and uncomfortable which had him dropping his notes.

"We were too late getting to Eva," Davina stated as she pulled out a notepad. "She had the gar rune carved into her head, but she's sort of... I think it's a lobotomy of some sort, her magic isn't residing in her body anymore, I think it was the Hollow. It felt... cold," Davina explained.

"Davina, love," he got up to catch her because he saw her body language pulling away from him as he reached for her.

"I'm... I'm fine, but I think we aren't going to get information from Eva. Which has me thinking," she admitted. "Big Me."

"Big You?" Kol asked as he felt her entwine their fingers, but she was still tense.

"I... I can't explain it, Kol, I can't but you've mentioned it before, and I have these... phantom sensations, these impressions of the other timeline, so..." she trailed off.

"What are you thinking?" Kol asked warily.

"Similar to dream walking, I'm thinking to do that... similar, I think I could... commune with her, if there's anything left, because we shared this body for a time, I think we could, or remnants of her, reside within me," Davina explained. "My phantom dreams, your dreams," she gestured.

"That's very dangerous Davina, you're looking to walk beyond the Ancestral Plane," he said softly as he leaned back on his desk.

"I'll need an anchor here," she said.

"I'm not letting you go alone," he warned seriously.

"Kol," she looked frustrated as she looked ready to start stomping her feet in frustration. The restraint on her temper was always impressive, but he was unimpressed.

"Love, you didn't go to the Ancestral Plane when you and her were connected, you broke the veil, you and she might not even be tethered there!"

"I know that Kol, but I'm taking a risk," Davina snapped as she did glare at him. "Kol, I'm taking the risk because something is wrong with that magic, and I feel it in my body, I need... I need to get it out, to know what she did in her lifetime. I can't explain it Kol, but she and the Hollow are connected somehow."

"You think..."

"Kol, Big Me, she's not me, and she went through a lot, and there has to be something, some trick up her sleeve, some knowledge to be had, something she knows that'll help us keep the girls safe," Davina stressed.

"You don't even know," he started.

"Kol, we have to try, now," Davina snapped.

"Why now?" Kol asked sharply.

"Because of that possibility!" she hissed. Now she was hugging herself. "I'm tired, Kol, I'm tired of my body being manipulated and used by other witches, Dahlia, Esther, Céleste, Big Me... if I am, then I will have to accept that my body is not mine alone, but I still feel that magic in my body, and I want it gone. I want to connect with Big Me so I know how to get rid of it, I want to do something, before I can't, or worse, before the Hallow forges a connection."

"You think... if," he started.

"I don't know, Kol, but... it's a now or never, and I'll need an anchor, and you're my best shot," she explained.

"Why you?" he asked.

"I think, like Big Me, the Hallow travelled too," she whispered. "I don't... Big Me was never right Kol, I mean that in a magic sense, her magic was... broken, it was fractured, I can't explain it."