Chapter 296

Kol stared at her for a moment, a long moment before he surged up, his mouth crashing onto hers as he pulled her close. Davina gave a startled gasp, he pulled her closer as he backed her into a tree. Kol kissed her with everything he had as he tangled his hands in her hair, caging her in, he could feel her heart again, her body was slight.

"Davina," he whispered as he pulled away, kissing her face as he finally kissed her crown, a ragged sob tore through him as he held her tight and close, unwilling to relinquish his hold on her.

"Why are you covered in blood? Are you hurt?" her voice demanded as she squirmed and Kol tightened his hold to keep her close, he couldn't let her go. "Kol... Kol! Let me go, Kol! I need to see if you're hurt!" she sounded desperate, and he bit his lip as he buried his face in her hair.

"Kol Mikaelson, you're going to let me go so I can inspect you! I swear to all your Pagan Gods and mine if you're dying on me, I'll kill you, resurrect you, kick your ass and kill you again, you stubborn Viking! Let me see where this blood is coming from!" she ordered. He gave a watery laugh as he loosened his hold on her, and she looked mad as she pushed him back into the moonlight, tugging at his shirt.

"If this is a hallucination, this is better than last time," he muttered as she pushed aside his shirt and her hands were suddenly on his body. His words though stopped her and she looked up, her blue eyes were startled, and thoughtful.

"Last time...?" she tilted her head.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, love, don't leave me," he pleaded desperately. He didn't want this hallucination to leave if it was a hallucination. He caught her hands pulling her close, desperate not to lose her, desperate not to have her pull away.

"Oh, Kol," she sighed his name softly as she reached up and her hand cupped his cheek. "I'm not going anywhere for a minute, but I'm not... I'm not your Davina, and I'm so sorry," she whispered it softly.

"Don't..." he pleaded as he felt ready to cry. She reached up, her lips brushing his softly as they stood there.

"I'm not going anywhere for a minute, but we need to get you cleaned up," she said gently. "Where are we?" she asked curiously as she looked around. He felt her shiver a bit and noted that she was wearing nothing but a slip and a robe, red for insight, for awareness and warning, blue for healing, protection, patience, and black for protection. Her hair was loose around her, longer than before too... falling to her hips, nearly black in color, her eyes were the same blue as ever, but her face...

"Salvatore Boarding School..." he answered softly. His hand tightened on hers.

"Okay, we'll get you cleaned up and sober, and then we need to talk," she decided softly.

"Don't leave," he pleaded.

"I'm here right now, Kol," she promised. "Now, I'm not walking barefoot through this forest, so, can we go to wherever you're staying, get you cleaned up and taken care of?"

He nodded wordlessly as he snatched her up, using his vampire speed as he snuck into the guest quarters of the boarding school. He put her on the bed as he came over, kissing her again, she gasped as she squirmed.

"Kol," she pushed against his chest. "Mango! Mango!"

He stopped and blinked a few times at her safe word.

"You're getting a shower!" she ordered and he snickered a little at his wife's distaste as she wrinkled her nose. "And I'm getting clean sheets, these are disgusting!"

He was fast to shower, grabbing up clean sweats, he had come out, nearly panicking until he heard her muttering as she seemed to be hunting under the bed for something. He lifted the bed then, looking at her. Davina's expression was bewildered as she looked up at the bed then at him then at the bed. She grabbed up the elm wand that appeared to roll under the bed and stepped out as he carefully put the bed back down.