Chapter 269

Henrik was not disappointed, delaying his wedding. But what did worry him was Will Kinney, because he couldn't seem to get rid of the mortal detective. And then there was the matter of Noah Stilinski and Stiles Stilinski; neither of whom really hid their supernatural knowledge but bombarded Henrik with questions. Henrik was not the man to ask about the supernatural because that was really more of Kol's job than Henrik's, but then again, it was interesting to have the perspective of these two humans. The pair offered Henrik a perspective which he was not really expecting, also he kind of liked the pair; he was a bit envious because that's what fathers and sons were supposed to be like.

Today though was a day where Henrik was watching his daughter, nieces and nephews, Rebekah had an appointment today and it cold not be missed, and with everything going on with his family, Henrik didn't feel right just leaving. Also, there was the suspension still, and Wil Kinney had IA rooting around n Henrik's ass for dirt believing Henrik had gotten his brother off with the murder of Effie, and attempted murder of Evangeline; who had only said she was attacked by a man named Kol Mikaelson; which was a lie from the now dead Lucien. Which was proven when Evangeline could not pick out which person in photo line up was Kol, but did repeatedly pick Lucien.

For the most part it seemed like the Crescent Moon Pack, and the North Atlantic Pack, as a sign of truce had helped finish dispelling the Strix and Sisters stragglers who did not get the memo that they weren't fucking welcomed. Qetsiyah and Silas' bodies were returned to the Skulk because the Regent had decreed they would not have them consecrated on Ancestorial lands; Vincent had burned the bodies and used Kai to siphon off their residual magic before Abby and Cassie had captured their souls in Witch Bottles; separately. From there, Henrik knew no one really knew what to do with the souls; because like Amara's anchor, they didn't quite know where to put it where it wouldn't cause trouble.

Freya was at a loss, and Kol was no help right now as he had all his attentions centered on Davina. Rightfully centered on Davina too, Henrik would be in a similar state if it was Monique, and they all knew Nik would be on a bloody rampage if it was Caroline.

Sitting on the porch steps of his house he watched the kids playing. Constance, Grace, Faith, Amity, Alizée, Landon, Lizzie, Jossie, Étienne, and Rémy were all playing a game of tag, with a few of the younger kids from the Institute, and Henrik was sipping on his coffee as he watched them. There was a strict no powers rule in play, a rule so the kids learnt control for when they would be involved with the mortal world.

"You know, this is an amazing set up," an older voice said and Henrik's eyes flicked up to see Noah Stilinski as well as Stiles holding the hand of the kid the wolves had adopted

"Yeah, yeah it is," Henrik agreed.

"Raf, come on!" Landon ran over, grabbing the kid's hand and running for the girls. "We're outnumbered!"

"I now know how my sister felt," Henrik muttered as he watched the boys run from the girls, even grabbing Rémy as they ran screaming cooties.

"How'd you guys set this up?" he glanced up at Noah and Stiles as the other men were sipping their own coffees.

"Actually that's because of my brother and Davina," Henrik admitted. "Kol's something of a legend to the witches and when they found out he was a witch again, rather than a vampire they were somewhat more eager to have ties with him. Davina and Kol though had unwittingly built the Skulk, and the Skulk is composed of some of the most powerful witches. Then my sister-in-law Caroline overheard people trying to get Kol to open a school of witchcraft, and there is a reason Nik married her, and she is twice as bossy as Nik, so yeah... voila, Refr's Institution of Witchcraft, Sorcery, Wizardry & Magic; a refuge from the mortal world for children of the supernatural to come and learn before they are a danger to themselves or the supernatural.