Chapter 354

Davina stared in disbelief at the test as she sat wedged between Rebekah and Hayley, she would've probably fallen over if she wasn't wedged between them. Her first instinct was to tell Kol, but she quashed that for so many reasons. Mainly because she couldn't, she just could not tell Kol right now. There was a very real possibility that their attempt to create a new world to separate the supernatural and the mortal would backfire, there was a real possibility this could kill them, there was a chance it was going to take more than anyone would ever know. But for one second before reality set in, Davina felt dread settling in her gut as she stared the two little lines which had her shaking. Oh, she wasn't a fool, she knew, she knew how this had gone last time, maybe a few weeks pregnant at the most last time, but this time she had to be more than a few weeks because Hayley and Rebekah had caught it before it had even entered Davina's mind.

Slowly she licked her lips before biting the bottom one, her teeth sinking into the chapped skin of her dry lip as she shivered.

She had the worlds worst timing, that's all she could think, she had the world's worst time; worse than Tris Prior in Divergent! She wanted to scream, cry, throw everything and break everything, because this could not be worse timing if she actively tried. Mother Fucker!

"Fuck," Davina hissed as her head fell forward in her frustrations, the test clattered from her fingers to the floor, and she dragged her hand through her hair as her head rested on her knees. Oh she was so fucked, so fuckedity fucked fucked! MOTHER FUCKER! She was going to wring Dahlia's soul for those stupid fertility runes, she was going to scream and cry, but she couldn't do that with Rebekah and Hayley here.

No one, and Davina meant no one, knew that she and Kol might die in their spell, not even Kaleb. Everyone thought it was similar to the Other Side Spell from Qetsiyah or a Prison World from the Gemini, but it wasn't, and it was very possibly going to more than they alone could chew, even with the world's coven's helping the Regent. And Kol and Davina had purposely left out that tidbit of information from everyone because if anyone knew, then no one would let them do the spell, and the spell had to be done.

She felt like fucking Freya Archeron though, and she didn't like it.

"Well, it's not the flu," Rebekah said unhelpfully.

A small chuckle escaped Davina's lips as she looked up at Rebekah. "It's a body snatcher, also explains why Hope is trading out my coffee," Davina muttered.

"Well, that was Klaus," Hayley informed her.

"That doesn't make it better," Davina sighed. Her head fell back then as she closed her eyes. "Fuck."

"When this is all over, you and Kol will get to start a family," Rebekah mused. "Marcel will not be thrilled, but I think I can sway him not to kill Kol."

"There is that," Hayley agreed, moving Davina's hair aside. Davina did not respond as she stared at the ceiling. Kol hadn't caught it yet; she knew his connections were so great that right now, as it stood at this moment, he was unlikely to catch it. Kol was overly connected as Regent, he felt and sifted through the Nine, the Skulk, the living Mikaelsons, and most of Nature, he had two set of Ancestors he felt, all the time, and though she was definitely his most prominent connection, she was also aware that their connection was his most steady and he didn't examine it. She could conceal this from him, and he was unlikely to catch it while he was focusing on everything else. As fucking smart as Kol was, he was oblivious when he was focused on problems.

Davina had learned that a few times over the years when Kol hyper focused on something, nothing could pull him away from his obsession. She had once had fun seeing how far she could push his obliviousness when he was in that hyper focused state; she had walked around naked through their house, in front of him, and he hadn't noticed until four days later when he asked her about it, which had had her laughing.