Chapter 217

The rest of 2012 was rather peaceful, at least for him and his siblings.

August was blessedly quiet for them, because Rebekah was wherever her honeymoon was happening (Scotland, Marcel had taken her to Scotland). Henrik and Monique were tentatively dating, which was a good thing, because Kol thought his brother a moron for not courting the mother of his child. They were rather good at the co-parenting thing though; Alizée was an adorable little menace, and Kol knew that he'd have to test her magic soon. Thankfully there was only one of her, and it wouldn't be like with the Quads. Finn and Sage sent postcards from around America; apparently it was a road trip they were taking; Kol did not care in the slightest. Freya and Keelin were going well, Freya was now a more active member in the Skulk, and now that she was no longer living in fear, Kol found her to be more tolerable, though not his favorite. Elijah and he had put their heads together managing the plantation and staying out of Klaus' drama because apparently there was always going to be drama in Klaus' life. Elijah though was miserable because Hayley had conceded to trying a date with Jackson, and Kol just knew Davina was readying the shovel to dispose of the body, Kol was helping her. Klaus and Caroline's whirlwind drama though took centerstage of everyone's lives, and Kol found it annoying as fuck, he wanted to go do his business without Klaus drama.

Nik and Caroline drama had started sometime back in April when Kol had been in Norway with Davina, and since Caroline had taken to inserting herself into Kol's life for the Refr's Institution of Witchcraft, Sorcery, Wizardry, & Magic he'd gotten an earful! Apparently, it started with Nik forgetting their anniversary, then ended with Nik not picking up his underwear off the bedroom floor. Kol did not care, but he'd pay Nik just to man up and fix the problem, so Caroline left him the fuck alone! Not that Caroline wasn't a lovely young woman, but Kol would rather be with Davina for planning this school he hadn't wanted to start than Caroline who had all but taken over. Give Kol the choice of spending time with Caroline or Davina, he'd pick Davina every time.

September was Davina's freshman year of college at LSU, GO TIGERS!, and Davina looked fabulous in purple. The Harvest Girls were all starting LSU together, where Bonnie and Kaleb were already attending, with Caroline. Kol just hoped to all the gods Caroline would leave him the fuck alone and focus on her studies instead of pestering him.

With the starting of college, Kol, Kai and Vincent were the only three members of the Skulk really who were regularly in New Orleans. Freya didn't really go into the city just to go into the city, and that lead to a lot of work. Kol was a bit surprised about all the leadership responsibilities he'd shirked to Vincent's control, but he couldn't say he was all that surprised really. The Nine Covens seemed to be excited about the Refr's Institution of Witchcraft, Sorcery, Wizardry & Magic as they were offering up some of their members to be teachers. Even Regent Josephine seemed interested in the school; which had Kol second guessing how important this was.

Kol's days where he was not accosted by Caroline, were spent with Davina, or he was hanging out with Kaleb and Kai and Vincent. There were days Kol spent babysitting his nieces, he had to maintain his rank as favorite uncle. Rebekah and Marcel returned from their honeymoon at the end of September, excited and about everything. Hayley, Marcel, and Davina had gone out on the town to catch up while Kol and Rebekah babysat the Quads and Alizée, she had asked him about fertility runes, and fertility spells, Kol had turned off the brother side of his brain for that talk as he spoke to her like a healer and witch. By the end of it she had decided to hold off on using magic wanting things to be natural but held it on the table for if she was like mother and barren. Kol didn't mention his suspicions that their aunt had cast a blood curse on their mother and her to be infertile; only lifting it when Esther asked, because he didn't think Rebekah would grasp that she might not be cursed or infertile.