Chapter 239

Mikael was rather unimpressed with this detective's skillset and mindset, he wanted to go over there and hit the mortal over the head. However, Mikael was mostly here to prevent Davina from blowing up the Quarter. Odin knew the little Valkyrie possessed more magic in her little body than most witches ever held in their lifetimes, and he knew she was a lot to handle when her magic was running rampant. Freya would've come, but she had felt that Kol would've thought it to be a family attack against him, so Mikael had come when Elijah had called the Skulk for aid. It was strange to be here. They couldn't get Kol out of processing or holding at this time so Mikael was taking Davina back to the apartment. Whether Kol like it or not, Mikael would not be having the little witch unattended and as all the other members of this family had lives, Mikael would be attending to Davina Claire.

Which had him walking with Davina through her apartment building for her house. The little Valkyrie was upset, but he could see her containing her wrath and fury. She pulled out her keys to her apartment and started unlocking her door.

"I'm fine, Mikael," she said when she opened the door.

"All the same, I will be staying with you to ensure your safety," he stated firmly. She gave him the same glare Kol would give him and he gestured for her to open the door of the apartment. She gave a very exasperated sigh as she opened the door.

"Come on in," she muttered, tossing the keys to a side table. Mikael was cautious stepping through the threshold of the home, but he did all the same. Shutting the door, Mikael flipped the deadbolt before setting aside his cane prop and pulling off his coat. The apartment was fashioned for Klaus' tastes; though he noted there were a few personalized pieces for Davina and Kol.

"Do you want something to drink?" Davina asked as she walked for the kitchen. "We don't have blood, but we have coffee, and coffee, and some water, and the family's favored scotch," she said dismissively.

"I am fine," he stated as he walked to the kitchen bar and took a seat as she started moving around her kitchen. There was something about it which screamed witchcraft, though the kitchen looked rather ordinary and subpar if he was honest.

"What is it?" Davina whirled around on him, her eyes bright and angry, suspicious as well. "What is it? Why are you here, Mikael? I'm not one of your kids, and this isn't Norway, or Dahlia," she hissed furiously.

He blinked a few times as he leaned forward, his chin resting on his hands as he looked her over. "I am rather fond of you, little witch. You changed the course of my family and permitted us to be a family, and for that I am exceptionally fond of you even if I do not always like my family. I am rather fond of my grandchildren, who I am only permitted to have because of you and Kol. Yes, Freya and Finn welcomed me into the family, but yours and Kol's actions permitted my family to grow and thrive as they should've a thousand years ago. I am particularly fond of the grandchildren I have come to possess, and I am fond of my family as it has grown."

She blinked a few times as she seemed to process this.

"As to Dahlia, it is a shame how that turned out, for it seems I again made the wrong choice and married the wrong woman, but I am pleased she is at rest and peace now, and Esther is gone. It is like a plague was lifted from our lives."

"Still doesn't explain why you're here."

"Because you made this all possible, so I am in your debt, and I am here to keep you safe." Mikael truly meant it as well, he wanted to keep her safe. She was the person who had changed the course of his family's history, and their fates.

"Who's your favorite grandchild?" Davina asked suspiciously.

"You must never repeat this, because I do not technically possess a favorite," Mikael informed her. "But I am rather fond of Faith."