Chapter 281

The month of May was a whirlwind of preparations for the Institute. Davina and Kol had been wrapped up in Coven bullshit, not the Skulk's, but rather the Nine's, because Davina was refusing any summer engagements for the Harvest Girls on account of she'd be travelling on Skulk business; which pissed off Kara Nguyen greatly and called for a Regent vote. Kol had gone into over protection mode though the moment Kara successfully called the vote to order and question. The Skulk had not nominated a single person for Regent; but other Covens had nominated Kol, which pissed off Kol.

There'd also been preparations for the orphans of the Institute to stay, which meant summer chore rosters, plans, financial lessons, supervision (Sage and Finn were surprisingly very on top of this aspect of the Institute; they had all but adopted all the orphans). Jo and Alaric had separated formally too, the paperwork was starting, and that wasn't fun because Jo was pissed and threatening to take the twins with her to Oregon; which had upset Kai to the point where he threatened to take Josie and Lizzie from Jo; this was a shit show. Cami and Vincent were trying to keep the couple amicable though and keep Josie and Lizzie safe. Kaleb, Kol, and Davina all knew Kai was right, the Gemini would kill Josie and Lizzie if they got their hands on the girls. To top this off for pissing off Kai, the Gemini were coming for a formal visit to imprison Kai; which the Skulk was fighting furiously.

Elijah, Hayley, Constance, Grace, Faith, Amity, Caroline and Klaus had gone on a small trip to discuss the blue orb the Quads were being tormented by. Freya was constructing spells to protect the girls, but Kol was the one to insist the girls get out of Louisiana; as such, the girls were going to Norway to connect with their Ancestors there. Freya refused to go, but Kol was going to back with the family in a month to help the girls connect and learn; Davina did not expect to be back in Louisiana until September when the Institute would be resuming classes for the autumn term.

Marcel had agreed that Rebekah, Étienne, Rémy, and Louis would be out of Louisiana just in case the Hollow decided to come for them, they would also be taking Alizée. Josh, Aiden, Thierry, and Katie had all volunteered to be protection for Marcel's family, while Joe had promised to keep his ear to the ground about New Orleans business for them. Josh and Aiden were intent on keeping Marcel's family alive though. Monique, Cassie, and Abby had overridden protests though about them leaving; refusing to leave because they were the Harvest Girls of the French Quarter and just so it didn't look like the Skulk was breaking up and running scared they would be remaining. Davina understood why they were staying, but the moment she had mentioned staying she had been shot down because she was a figure in the Skulk known to travel around and to be anywhere at any given time; similar to Kol, it would be plausible for her to be gone and the Skulk not to be breaking up or running scared.

Henrik was displeased because he wanted Alizée and Monique out of the reach of Inadu and her cult; especially with Monique being pregnant. Bonnie and Monique though were fast to blow up on anyone who used their pregnancies as reason for them to leave or anything; so Henrik and Kai were devising ways to keep the women safe without pissing them off. Mikael was surprisingly helpful in this matter apparently.

Freya wasn't travelling because she didn't want to leave Keelin exposed but also because she felt if she ran off and Kol hared off, then it would be seen as weakness by the Nine and that wasn't to be tolerated right now. Vincent had agreed with Freya too. Keeping Abby, Cassie, Monique, Bonnie and Kai here and visible with Freya and Vincent wouldn't speak to wat the Skulk was actually up to. And if Kol was here while Kaleb was off with Davina no one would think twice about it. Kaleb had kept such a dangerously low-profile people never saw him coming; it worked in their favor too at this moment. Mikael, Finn, Henrik, and Freya would be enough of a Mikaelson presence too that no one would really dig into Elijah, Klaus, Kol, and Rebekah missing if they just ran off. And very few people actually knew what the Mikaelson children looked like, as they weren't out in public often, and rarely were the Nine welcomed onto the Plantation, so it wasn't like they would notice the kids missing.