Chapter 297

Davina woke early in the morning, her eyes wincing at the sun filtering into the room, and she grunted a bit in discomfort, there was a heavy head on her stomach, and a large hand pinning her hip. His thumb was rubbing her pelvis, she winced a little at the touch on her runes, but ignored it as she shifted a bit, trying to pull herself up into a better position, but Kol kept her pinned. This was not what Davina had been expecting at all when she had come to Big Hers' timeline, but then again, Davina didn't know what she was expecting. She winced a little as she cracked her neck, feeling the satisfying pops which had Kol's head snapping around as he stared at her with owlish eyes. It was bizarre to see him so... young! Davina had mostly dealt with Kol being a witch, it was easy to forget on her part there'd been a time when her husband was young, in his early twenties. Davina had been aging with Kol, and he had celebrated every 'mortal milestone' there was to be had, this Kol though was ageless.

"Bonjour," she smiled softly as she carded her fingers through his hair which was bright red in the morning light. He tightened his grip on her waist and seemed to be assessing her.

"You're real?" he whispered.

"Very, and in dire need of coffee," she informed him seriously. His lips twitched and then he was over her, kissing her hard. Kol jerked back then looking conflicted as he pressed himself into a corner.

"I shouldn't... you're not..." he stammered. "I'm sorry, don't go!" he pleaded as she started carefully pulling herself out of the bed.

"Kol, I'm not going anywhere yet, and don't be sorry," she warned seriously. Davina got the sense that he wasn't processing Big Hers death well, and her being from another timeline was probably having him mix up what he was familiar with and what he wanted, with what he missed, and it was probably all very confusing. Davina remembered being confused about her Kol for a while after Big Her had died.

"You..." he started.

"We're okay," she promised softly.

"Mango?" he said uncertainly and she smiled.

"Alright, mango," she agreed.

"I just... I miss her..." he murmured.

"I miss her too," Davina admitted. "In fact, I need her help, which is why I went through all the troubles to get here."

"You are her though?" Kol replied uncertainly.

"No, I'm not," she countered gently. "I am a version of Davina Claire. I was a part of the Harvest, I am the Harvest Girl of Fire, co-founder of the Skulk, co-founder of Refr's Institution of Witchcraft, Sorcery, Wizardry, & Magic, I'm bound to the Mikaelson Ancestors, or Østhegan Ancestors, depending on who you ask, I'm a wife, and a partner in crime, and I'm an aunt. I'm everything your wife was, and could've been, and I'm still uniquely me, Kol. Just as this you is unique and different from my Kol."

"You still married me," he smiled then.

"Of course, what other lunatic is going to put up with me!?" she demanded haughtily, which had him laughing softly. "My Kol is a witch, he killed Silas, inadvertently taking the Cure, he was never killed by Jeremy Gilbert or Finn, he didn't go through what you've gone through, and I have never lost him."

"Do you love me, him?" Kol asked quietly.

"More than life itself," she admitted. "I love him how you loved me," she gently placed a hand on his arm. "And I'm sorry for her death, I never wanted her to die, I wasn't ready to say goodbye when the time came."

He nodded as he caught her hand, turning it over to examine it.

"So I'm a witch?" he murmured.

"Yes," she smiled.