Chapter 203

Rebekah was doing her hair when Kol called, she had not been doing much of anything else as she worked. She had helped Hayley with running out the last of the wolves, then having sad movie nights while they wished for the return of the little ones, and word from Kol or Davina. She was growing anxious about it, especially as Marcel was handing over his business to Nik and Caroline; Caroline was a bit more reluctant to do Marcel's business because she was the daughter of law enforcement and Marcel's business was like mob work in her mind. In reality, Marcel had successfully run New Orleans for over a hundred years so it would be safe for all supernatural factions, and that was evident when one started poking around in the supernatural community and New Orleans was their safest hotspot.

Answering her phone she settled back in her seat, Kol was alright, so she wanted to enjoy talking to him.

"Kol," she greeted with a smile. "How is everything?"

"Handled," he answered. "You can recall the Skulk to New Orleans, I'm actually calling you though."

"Me?" she chuckled as she started putting on the night cream for her face. Vampirism did not mean she could blow off her self-care.

"Yes, I need you to get the vampire in the toolchest of my truck in the big barn, get Marcel, Saltzman, Whiny Gilbert, and Brooding Salvatore, get on a plane and come home," he said.

"Home?"

"The Old World, Bex," he said softly.

"You're... the fjord," she whispered. There'd been a time, in about the middle of the eleventh century where she and Kol had started living quietly away from Nik and Elijah in Norway. Kol had gone to the Old World with his bloodlust out of control, and she'd been so mad at Nik and Elijah, she'd run with Kol. They had found peace in a fjord in Norway, and as times changed, and places had changed, Kol and she would go there from time to tome when they'd had enough of Nik or Elijah. Sognefjorden had been their home in the Old World, and it was a place for her and Kol, not for Nik, Elijah, her and Kol, but just her and Kol.

"Yes," he answered softly.

"I see," she said softly. "The simple life," she mused innocently.

"I kind of like it," he said with a smile in his voice. She could almost see Kol at his most relaxed and content on the banks of the fjord. If Kol were to run off and just disappear she knew ultimately, unlike Nik, Elijah, or Finn, Kol would pick the simple life, he would disappear to be a farmer, or rancher, or something of that affect and he would live a quiet life. Kol had never been in need of fancy or luxurious lifestyles. He could adapt to those environments, but at his heart, he was a simple man, who could and would live a simple life.

"Do Klaus and Elijah know...?" she started.

"Not yet," he sighed. "You have to talk with Marcel. But if you want this, Bex, you'll have to come here. The Ancestors are here, it will be fast if it works, and if it doesn't, I'll adjust it."

"That's why you want the Petrova woman."

"Yes," he sighed.

"When you say it is handled Kol...?"

"Dahlia is no threat, either way Marcel is needed here, but if you want mortality, you'll have to come here."

"I will make arrangements," she said swiftly as she was up and getting her computer to make the arrangements. "What happened Kol?"

"I'll tell you when I'm here," he informed her honestly.

"Is Davina alright?"

"In a manner of speaking," he said softly.