Chapter 300

Marcel had never seen Davina, in anyway, shape or form look this mad before, but Kol had reluctantly cleared out of the room when Davina had snapped she wanted food and time to talk to Marcel alone. Part of Marcel wanted to lock his baby girl up, whisk her away to where she was safe again; part of him just wanted to store her in the attic again. She looked so unnervingly lik D, but no, and it startled him, now that he was staring at her. She was tanner, her hair was nearly black, her eyes were bright blue and she was alive.

Last he had seen his baby was on a slab, she had been so pale and her hair lightened, she was so broken and fragile, but now he was looking at her, and she looked strong.

"D..." he started.

"I'm not D," she cut off gently. "I'm sorry, I'm not," she soothed as she reached out to him. He felt her. "My dad is Marcel Gerard, and he calls me Lil D, because your D, is just D, and it's not fair of me to take her spot. I'm not her," Davina said.

"You're talking like you knew her," Marcel said gently.

"I did," Davina smiled. "She kind of highjacked my body for about six months and we were sharing it, and she helped me a lot. She helped me... not be her, I mean I am still her, but I'm not, I didn't... she saved me a lot of heartache, and I can't stop your heartache, I can't pay it forward in that sense, but... I'm still Davina Claire, and you're still Marcel Gerard, and you're always going to be my dad."

"Oh baby," Marcel grabbed her then, pulling her close as he shook, clinging to her small frame then. Davina slid her arms around him and he felt her holding him, he could... he could feel her, her warmth, her life. "God, I miss you."

"I know," she nodded against his shoulder. He pulled away, blinking back tears, his baby girl was here, alive, or a version of her was here and alive. He took in everything that was different about her.

"Kol, really, you didn't learn from D?" he demanded as he choked on tears and a smile.

"No," she shook her head and smiled. "God, you should've seen your... your resignation to the fact," she giggled. "My dad, he was so... stoic about it, he was, but I know he hates that it's Kol again, and worse, my Kol is a witch, so Kol and I are always up to something witchy, and we're neck deep into trouble..." she shook her head as she looked up at him. "What did they do to you," she breathed sadly as she reached up, her fingers traced over his face and he turned into her touch, catching her hand.

"Nothing, Lil D, nothing," he lied.

She sighed as she smiled at him.

"So... how's Kol a father?" Marcel asked.

"He's not, and it's an if, and it's an if I'm not confirming, and as to the how of it, the traditional way," Davina sighed. "I don't think any version of my dad wants to know about Kol and I's sex lives, regardless of if Kol's a witch or an Original, and if you try to hurt him, I'm gonna kick your ass."

"How's Kol a witch?" Marcel asked.

"Silas, it's a long thing, lots of ghost story hunting it's kind of a thing Kol and I do, I blame Big Me for that," Davina grimaced as she walked with him.

"So you're Kol's baby mama," Marcel said.

"No, I'm an if, and I'm not... nopedy nope nope nope," she decided primly. "And you and I, not having this conversation, because it'll be awkward as fuck with my own dad as things stand right now, and I just am here to find information on Inadu, give you a chance to say goodbye to Big Me, like we got a chance to, and I'm gonna go home to finish with my problems, and I know how callous that sounds, but my husband is going to summon me regardless of what you would want on this side. See he and I are very... attached... like, linked, anchored, bound, tied together, bloodbound, married, celestially tied together," she surmised as she worked around the spell Vincent and Kol had used eight years ago. "I can't talk about it, but he and I are... okay, stupid spell is not letting me explain! God I Hate that he picked that spell even if I don't mind it, but I'm... KOL!" she snarled.