Chapter 320

Hope walked out into the Louisiana October, trembling as she looked at her parents who were both talking quietly with the other.

"Well, according to Henrik, we spent years apart, so what if we don't alter her memories of that time apart, but bridge ours to be similar?"

"Henrik said you were seeking to undo a curse?"

"We change that to me seeking my family, which is true, and I would still end up tangled up with Shane, and in the Silas mess, and helping Tyler, and meeting Davina," Hayley said.

"Do you want to keep that though?"

"Klaus, it would work best if we don't alter too much of our time and her memories, we're bridging them," Hayley pointed out softly.

"She will only know me as a monster," Klaus said bitterly.

"She'll know you as a Mikaelson," Hayley cut off fiercely. "And that's something powerful."

"You honestly believe that?" Klaus sneered.

"Yes," Hayley answered. "Klaus, you guys... you gave me everything, even if you weren't thrilled about it, the Mikaelsons welcomed me, and you guys are powerful and full of love, and passions, and you're fierce, and Vikings."

"Viking was an occupation and verb," Klaus chuckled.

"Point stands, it's pretty fucking cool," Hayley countered

"So you would accept to being a lone mother, until our... reunion and proceeding off of our memories in this timeline?"

"Yeah, I mean, it'd be tough, but we're Mikaelsons, we're tough," Hayley chuckled.

"Oh, very well, I accept," Klaus said softly. "We bridge her young memories so ours align, and we align her other memories to match ours, blend to fit her into the family."

"Yes," Hayley nodded.

"You're... you're really going to do this?" Hope whispered which had both her parents' heads snapping up to her. Her mom's big eyes blinked rapidly, and her father looked startled.

"Of course, Hope," Hayley answered.

"We want you to feel... happy, if this makes you happy, we are pleased to do it," Klaus answered.

"I..." Hope choked a bit and her mother was up, wrapping her up in a hug, which had Hope sagging against her mom.

"It won't be perfect, Hope," Hayley whispered. "We'll have to accept that, and it'll be messy, we aren't, perfect, but we'll make it work."

"I never expected this," Hope whimpered as she felt her mom kissing the crown of her head, then her father's heavy hand in her hair.

"We are your parents, we will always do what is best for you," Klaus said fiercely. "We want you happy, sweetheart, and if this makes you happy, if this is what is best, we will do it."

Never in Hope's seventeen years of living had she felt this reassured.

"When is your birthday?" her mom blurted out.

"Hm?"

"Your birthday, I have seventeen years of presents and celebrations to make up for," Hayley explained.

"Oh bloody hell," her father paled.

Hope gave a watery snort as she looked up at her parents. "May 2nd, 2012," she answered softly.

"Oh that is a long ass pregnancy, I'm now glad I just had four instead of being pregnant that long," Hayley grimaced. Hope gave a watery laugh as she hid against her mom.