Chapter 361

Kaleb sat alone in Kol's office, Bonnie and the Skulk were close and entwined with one another, unable to comprehend the fact, Kol and Davina would be here, they would not be back. Honestly, he didn't entirely know what had happened in the spell, he had understood the loose concept of what Kol and Davina were doing, but they hadn't expanded on a lot. He could honestly say he could understand the basics of what they were doing, he understood the basics of their theories and notes.

Getting up Kaleb grabbed all the notes on the theories Kol had as he set them on fire, screaming in agony and frustration as he threw them into the fireplace. He wanted to break the goddamn sphere, but the way Kol's magic pulsed in it he knew that couldn't be done, he also knew Davina's magic was coursing through it. Still, the agony of their disappearance, it had him enraged. He wanted to kill them both, because they weren't supposed to die.

Goddamn them, goddamn Kol and Davina for their cockiness and arrogance, he didn't know how to handle this. He had relied on them to keep the Coven steady. They were his best friends, they were his leaders, he loved them as family. He had wanted to ask Kol to be his child's godfather, he wanted to ask them to be guardians if anything happened o them.

"Kaleb," he looked up to see Bonnie.

"The Bloody Bastards Fucking Knew!" he snarled.

"Knew What!?" Bonnie demanded.

"They'd... this spell," he rasped. "They had to know, they had to know this was going to be the end, they had to know," he sobbed. He felt her arms around him and their child kicked against him as he clung to her. He couldn't let her go. "They wouldn't... they had to know," he whimpered.

He felt Bonnie's tears as she pressed her lips to his pulse, he was trembling as he clung to her.

"If they did... they didn't share their fears for a reason," Bonnie rasped.

"But they're not here," he sobbed. "Bastards left us behind, Bon. I can't... I can't lose my Coven again" he whimpered against her skin. He couldn't lose his family again, he couldn't do this again, he hadn't survived losing his mom and her Coven, he couldn't lose the Skulk, and he was terrified if they couldn't function without the leaders; never had the Skulk didn't talk about succession.

"I can't lose my Coven," he repeated

The baby kicked hard against his gut, and he looked down at Bonnie.

"We're not going anywhere, Kaleb, promise, this is our home, these are our people, this is our family, we aren't going to go anywhere Kaleb, I don't know what we'll do, but we're a Skulk, and we're staying together," she whispered. "Please... please don't blame them," she pleaded.

"They fucking knew," he whimpered.

"They took risks, and they were... vivacious, Kaleb, and they were fearless," Bonnie whispered.

"Bastards went for Valhalla, and I'm going to kill them when I get my hands on them," he muttered.

"Get in line," Bonnie whispered.

He gave a watery laugh as he hugged her tightly. "I miss them!"

~~~*~*~*~~~

Hayley was alone in her sister's room. She was trembling violently as she held herself up by sheer will, staring at the room as she carefully walked in. Their scents were still lingering here, and Hayley felt the tears welling up.

God this was hard...

Slowly her knees gave and Hayley sunk to the ground as a ragged sob tore from her lips. Davina Claire, her little sister, Lil D, Big D, Coffee Addict, reckless witch, funny, awkward, out of place, out of time, Davina Claire, the first family and pack Hayley had ever truly had that wasn't her child. Davina was something Hayley never expected, not from the moment she had popped into Hope and Hayley's lives, and not to the moment she had left. Davina Claire was the little sister Hayley had never had before was Hayley's pack, her family, and savior. Davina had saved Hayley in so many more ways than just destitude and sorrows and overwhelming sensations of being a wolf, Davina had saved Hayley from the loneliness of single motherhood, she had saved Hayley from being a pawn and toy for those who had information about her, she had saved Hayley's daughters, and existence.