Chapter 226

Davina looked over the students as she and Grace arrived at the orchard they were using for the lesson. It was the very same one Bonnie, Kaleb, and Kai used to learn in. It hadn't changed in the slightest, it was ever growing, ever green and full of life; the only difference was that there was a larger outpour of magic here now. Under the care of the Skulk there'd been a massive build up in the magic reserves on the Plantation and neighboring properties. Davina faltered a step as she and Grace arrived, her breath hitched and her heart beat loudly in her ears.

They were all there, innocent looking; children really. Davina couldn't ever even remember looking like they did. Big eyes, innocent, wrapped up in themselves rather than the world, so much to learn, so much to experience, and they were full of hopes and dreams. Jessica stood proud, her long brown hair straight as a pin and neat, her round face so young. Amy stood laughing and alive beside Jessica, her black hair straightened, and her dark eyes flashing with mischief. Stephanie stood there, her hair short curls, and a button nose, her dark eyes were watching all of them. While Anna-Marie's brown hair was neatly pulled up, her cherub face was bright and flushed. Four faces which had haunted Davina's memory and mind from Big Hers' life and memories, and they were here. All four girls in a botched Harvest Ritual, four girls who were alive and here, and would never need Davina to be their Ancestor to return them because she wasn't letting them die.

"Tatie?" Grace's voice shook Davina out of her stupor. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, sugar, I'm okay," she promised with a weak smile. "Go find a place and the lesson will start," she promised.

"Are you sure, you're okay?"

"Are you turning into your mama?" Davina huffed.

"Mama says you're a vixen, vixens are foxes, foxes deceive," Grace stated with a wolfly huff.

"Mmm, well, you, little wolf, are still my niece, so trust me, I'm okay, sugar," she said softly. "Go over and find a spot."

The teens were a bit shocked as Grace bounded into the orchard, and Davina chuckled as she stood, shoving her hands in her back pocket she took a moment to steady her emotions before striding after Grace. Grace and her sisters' definitely had inherited Kol's hair color because the sun made it look bright red as she bounded through the trees.

"Bon Matin," Davina said. "I will be substituting for Miss Bennett for the time being. I am Davina Claire, Harvest Girl of Fire, Co-Leader of the Skulk, and Partner of Kol Mikaelson. Vincent has asked me to step in to teach you, we're here to learn Spiritual Magic today."

"You're... you're Davina Claire?" Jessica spoke. Davina turned to look at the young teen.

"Oui," she smiled. "Now, introductions? How about you?"

"Me?" Jessica stammered.

"Yes, you, and we'll go around the class so I learn who you are and not embarrass myself," Davina chuckled.

~~~*~*~*~~~

Kol had gone into the city to read over the logistics of Elijah's recent trade agreements to travel through the Northwest Passage. It was rather tedious and boring and not what Kol wanted to do, but his brother had called him in, so he was here. Elijah really didn't need him to read this over, at least, Kol didn't think his elder brother needed him to read over the deal, but Kol wasn't arguing. Elijah had called him in. Still, he was bored reading over the deal, it was rather simple and straightforward, fairly impressive though. However, they already had the trade routes to use, which was an advantage, they knew those waters rather well, and that was an old advantage.

"I'm not seeing any down sides to these deals, Elijah," Kol admitted. "We'd have secure and steady trade routes, routes we know..."

"Do you think Hayley would actually say yes if I asked her to marry me?" Elijah cut off and Kol's eyes flicked up to his brother. Elijah was nervously fiddling with his daylight ring as he looked around, and Kol frowned a little.