Chapter 222

Davina had volunteered to babysit, and she didn't regret it because it got her out of the big Klaus-Caroline Valentine's Day Ball. Davina and Kol had long since learned that Klaus' parties were not Davina's scene, she just wasn't interested in being on display with the rest of the Mikaelsons or their significant others. She wasn't interested in being compared to the stunning beauty of Caroline and Sage; for one thing, Davina was never going to be that tall, and for another thing, she was fucking gorgeous and would not take anyone comparing her to those two. Being compared to Hayley was a compliment because Hayley was her sister, and she liked that they looked enough alike to be thought of as such. Also, Davina would never be the exotic beauty Monique was, it just was not going to happen, ever, Monique's looks were striking and unique.

Also, Davina, in general, did not have the temperament to survive a Klaus party, because she never actually wanted to be at the parties. Having to attend Coven events, or Mardi Gras, or a Voodoo Festival was one thing, but to be required to attend a charity party was a fast way to have Davina's patience dying. Everyone knew it, especially after what Caroline referred to as 'the incident' when Davina was twenty-one and did not take to being groped and thought to use the combat training Marcel, Kol, Henrik, and Mikael had taught her on an entitled billionaire asshole. Kol had cheered her on with Marcel and Josh, Klaus and Caroline had been upset at Davina disturbing the party.

So, babysitting Constance, Grace, Faith, Amity, Alizée, Josie, Lizzie, Étienne, and Rémy was a welcomed task for Davina. Constance was so much like Klaus it was adorable, she was sensitive, headstrong, temperamental, funny, and dramatically serious. Grace was the most carefree of the girls, rather wily too, she took after Kol the most in personality, and was a rogue. Faith was the sweet one, she was a serene, serious, solemn girl with a big smile and love, she loved so freely and happily; it was like dealing with a mini Rebekah. Amity had gone from being like Caroline to definitely being all Hayley's daughter, she was no nonsense, tough, rough and tumble, tomboy, mini-ass kicker, it was hilariously cute because she did it with this sunshine smile. Alizée was rather sweet, girly, very fashionista in the making like her mother, and rough and tumble like her father. Josie was the people pleaser, and sort of make everyone happy little girl, while she was countered by her sister Lizzie who was all fire-cracker. Étienne was a little charmer like Marcel, and he was smooth too, he had his daddy's silver tongue for sure, and his mother's temper, but Étienne for the most part was a mellow, chill kid. Rémy on the other hand was definitely a Mikaelson, little hellion while being a cute little bastard, he was also surprisingly, the most like Elijah, he was so calm and collected for a two year old, it was startling, he was also bossy. So bossy.

Overall, Davina did not mind babysitting the kids, she rather enjoyed them because they were such unique little personalities and so fun. She did not want kids, but she did enjoy her nieces and nephews greatly, the Skulk's next generation was rather adorable too.

But Davina had finally gotten all the kids into bed, it was a slumber party in the family theatre, and they were all passed out after rewatching Moana for the zillionth time. Davina was sneaking out of the family theatre to go read for a bit and wait up for the adults. She was slowly, painstakingly closing the door and tiptoeing out of the room, nimbly avoiding the squeaky floorboards she had long since memorized. Kai was waiting for her when she got down the hall, he held up a bottle of scotch and two crystals, which had her shrugging as she walked into the parlor after him.

"I thought you'd be at the party," she admitted as she sat across from him in one of the wingbacked reading chairs Elijah had furnished the library with.

"I... I kind of wanted to talk to you," he said uncertainly as he poured her two fingers of scotch.

"What's up?" she asked carefully.