Chapter 245

After Klaus had secured his wife, mother-in-law, mother of his daughters and daughters, and niece and nephews, and he was certain Rebekah and Marcel were completely safe, he had started what he did best. He could not spring Kol from jail, or the mortals, so he would annihilate Lucien's forces in the meantime.

Caroline had been displeased at him all but forcing her to remain on the property, but Mikael had long since secured the Plantation in ways that he and his siblings hadn't thought to. Liz Forbes had been too ill to protest him relocating her. Marcel and Rebekah hadn't protested taking Liz in for the time being, as their home was the home of mortals, and therefore the most protected; having been built in the heart of the Mikaelson Plantation, and all the runes and enchantments made it on par with the Institute for protection (Klaus was ever thankful for Davina Claire, Kol and Freya for all the enchantments around his younger sister's and Marcel's home, he wouldn't survive losing either of them, he could live with them mad at him, but never could he survive losing them). Hayley had naturally taken to securing her Pack, as any Alpha would do naturally, Hayley was a Queen of Werewolves, and he was rather impressed with how she handled what was happening. Securing Constance, Grace, Faith and Amity was far more challenging than anyone would ever know, because his daughters had the Mikaelson habit of doing whatever the hell they pleased at the most inopportune time. Of course, Landon was his good nephew, but Alizée, Rémy, and Étienne were all little hellions similar to his own children, so securing them was also difficult. So, when he was certain all their exposed assets were secure and safe, then he had gone about tracking down Lucien.

He had killed a good amount of the invading vampires he had come across, as well as a few unruly witches. Klaus had been unimpressed by the witches, but then again he had been hanging around his elder sister and younger brother far too long, because everything the other witches had done seemed puny in comparison to the displays he had grown accustomed to. Seriously, he was thinking the Skulk just made everyone look miniscule, or witches were really losing their touch; he wasn't sure which was happening.

Showered and cleaned again, Klaus walked down to the parlor. Kol was unsurprisingly wrapped around Davina; Davina looked somewhere between meditative and sound asleep. Elijah and Hayley had returned, Hayley gave him a pointed look which just screamed they would be talking later whether he wanted to or not. Caroline had come rushing in, he caught her waist as he gave her a hard kiss, she seemed breathless and stunning but frazzled as she pulled away.

"What's going on, Klaus? Elijah just asked for the Skulk and Mikaelsons to get here, did something happen? Where's the girls? Where's my mom," she started frantically.

"It's all fine, sweetheart," he assured as he smiled. "Your mother is with my sister and Marcel, as are the children, everything is fine, sweetheart. We merely seem to be having a bout of company."

"Oh." She blinked her big blue eyes and stepped back. "Sorry, I just..."

"It's stressful times, darling," he informed her seriously. He knew she was stressed out of her mind, especially with her mother dying.

"Yes, extremely," Mikael quipped dryly as he brushed past them. Finn was standing with Sage at the desk, while they seemed to be having a discussion in Old German between them. Freya and Keelin had snuggled up on their favored couch. Henrik was standing behind Monique who was sitting on an ottoman with Cassie and Abby on the floor in front of her. Vincent had assumed his preferred seat, while Bonnie looked nauseous as she hung onto Kaleb's arm while they sat near Kol and Davina. Kai had begun roaming around the room, looking a bit restless. Mikael took up his reading chair as he looked them all over, and Klaus frowned, because he didn't like how his father made them all feel like they were barely a foot tall and hadn't lived a thousand years already.