Chapter 343

Somehow, for Davina, getting back to the US, with the threat of the Gemini, took a lot longer and was harder than getting to New Zealand. And being layover in LA California pissed Davina off. Their connecting flight had been cancelled twice, so Elijah arranged for Kol's jet to be in San Diego, because LA was getting on Davina's nerves, which resulted in her and Kol renting a car to drive to San Diego before getting on the jet and flying to New Orleans. Overall, the extension was what had made an original twenty-four hour travel eta seventy-two hours, and if Davina was never in LA again, it'd be too soon. She hated LA, passionately, she didn't mind mask regulations or the testing, but the paranoia of the people; it was like dealing with lemmings. She had a sniffle, she wasn't sick, she had allergies, and being in the airid climate of the desert exasperated said allergies despite being close to the ocean.

Thank God for San Diego.

Making it home, Davina made it to the Plantation with Kol in tow, and they were surprised at the very big lack of people. Yes, she knew Klaus, Caroline, Hayley and Elijah were in Hatteras, North Carolina (Hope was obsessed with Outer Banks on Netflix), and Rebekah and Marcel had taken the boys to Universal Studios theme park in Florida with Henrik and Monique taking their girls along. And Davina was pretty sure Freya and Finn were still here, but the place was so eerily quiet; even the pack was quietly working out on the Plantation. Kol was taking their bags to their quarters, and Davina went hunting down Abby and Cassie at the Institute. A lot of the children here from international studies were home for the summers; given this was when the Mikaelsons were typically busy with their farming and work.

Vincent, Abby, Cassie were usually the three members of the Skulk who didn't travel often or ever. She walked into the Institute quickly narrowing her magic to feel the Skulk, she quickly wound her way to Abby and Cassie's quarters, lightly knocking before she walked in.

"Davina! You're back!" Cassie smiled as she walked over, hugging Davina.

"Momentarily," she confessed as she hugged the taller brunette again. "I can't get a hold of Bonnie."

"Oh, the Gemini thing?" Abby asked.

"Yeah, I know I told everyone about Lucas Parker coming to me for the kids and Kai," Davina started. "And I can't get hold of Bonnie?"

"Well, Joshua is suing Bonnie for grandparent rights, and he's suing for custody of Jo's girls, he's siding with Alaric, and it's turned into a big mess. Bonnie and Kaleb thought it would be good for the kids to go on a road trip; they rented an RV and everything, they were planning to go to Mystic Falls and Salem and return home by the time school starts, it's really hard for Josie and Lizzie because Alaric is..."

"Alaric," Davina sighed. "But that doesn't explain why I can't get a hold of Bonnie."

"They're checking in tonight," Abby said with a smile.

"Okay," Davina nodded.

"It's the Gemini, they owe us, not us owing them, you burned out Traveller magic, Davina," Cassie reminded her.

"They aren't seeing it, and I think Quarantine disconnected them from reality, you know, how it broke celebrities and politicians from the regular people, I think the Gemini are experiencing the same disconnection, they've isolated themselves so much they think they're gods," Davina admitted.

"So, what's your worries?"

"I just don't know what they're planning, and they create Prison Worlds, so I'm a little concerned," Davina admitted.

"We can try a locator spell on them, but I think they'll call in tonight," Cassie soothed.

"I'm going to try the locator spell," Davina decided.