Chapter 240

Henrik was sitting with Monique as all his siblings and the Skulk gathered in one spot. The kids were with Rebekah, because she was too pregnant to help and they wanted her safe. They all rarely gathered. Klaus was here with Caroline and Thierry who was his right hand now that Marcel was not a vampire; Vincent, Cassie, Abby, Bonnie, Kai, Kaleb were all seated with Freya; Keelin sat with Aiden and Hayley; Elijah, Finn, and Sage were all near Klaus but not at his side; Marcel and Josh stood by Henrik and Monique. Davina walked in with Mikael and Henrik knew the shit storm which was coming as he saw Klaus get up to his feet. They all waited with a bated breath as Klaus came around, and much to Henrik's surprise his older brother hugged Davina.

"I was not expecting that," Henrik muttered to Monique.

"Neither was I," Monique murmured.

"We will not let this stand," Klaus stated as he released Davina.

"The Trinity is here, so is the Strix, as is their witches, whatever plan was created is now destroyed by the deploying of mortals," Elijah stated.

"I can't even access the case, nor can my partner, we're locked out," Henrik stated as he looked at Davina. Davina didn't say anything as she looked them over.

"I can tell you what I remember from Big Me's memories, but it's not a full account, it's just what I remember of a memory, and that's like trapping smoke," Davina said softly as she folded her arms.

Henrik frowned. "Davina, I witnessed some of it, I could..."

"If you can, please do fill in some of the blanks," Davina said softly. "What I know is that they came, made a big show about coming. They talked of sireline wars, because no one really kept track of that until Elena and Stefan and Damon started rooting around for sirelines and how they affected vampires as a whole. Kol killed the only genealogist; I think."

"He did," Bonnie piped up. "She was a vampire named Mary Porter, Damon and Elena went to find her and Kol beat them to it. I think Damon said she was killed by a baseball bat."

"Well, no matter, they're here, again. And they're bringing war," Davina sighed. "Lucien has been studying that point where science and magic intersect, and he's employed the Sisters to find a way to break the sirelines."

"Weren't you going to do that?" Bonnie asked.

"I was," Davina conceded, it was on the original Honey To-Do List from Big Her.

"Why were you looking for that?" Klaus demanded suspiciously which had Henrik rolling his eyes.

"To save Marcel, and Josh, just in case I couldn't save you guys," Davina admitted bluntly. "Big Me came to save Kol, constellation prize was saving the rest of you, and while I love all of you, I was here to save my family, and in the beginning that was Kol, Josh, Vince, Marcel and Hayley, not the Mikaelsons. Saving you guys is an unintentional, delightful consequence of succeeding, I didn't..." Davina groaned in frustration as she dragged her hands through her hair and Henrik sighed.

"We don't welcome outsiders into our ranks," he supplied for her.

Davina's blue eyes flicked up to him as she bit her lip.

"No shame in admitting it darling, I knew that when I picked you to come save Kol," he shrugged. "Our family was never kind to outsiders, we could waylay them in favor of blood family without care of consequence, I saw... I saw such continuous fall out."

"What?" Freya whispered.

"Kol told you what happened and why he didn't trust you Freya," Davina pointed out softly.

"Still doesn't," Freya muttered.

"Not true," Davina snapped furiously, the room rattled, and Henrik reached out to Monique who was focusing on the magic around them. "God, that is so, infuriatingly, not true! You and he are so fucking pigheaded and mule stubborn I should just hit you both with lightning or lock you two in a closet together for you two to sort that bullshit out! And he's in jail right now Freya! Now is not the time for whatever bullshit conflict you two seem intent on keeping alive!"