Chapter 243

Hayley peeked in on Kol and Davina, they were both sound asleep; and given she knew how stressful the last few days were on Davina, and the stink rolling off Kol before his shower; it made her understand how much stress Kol had been under. The pair rarely had stresses like that, which made her understand how united they were. Satisfied though that neither one of them were lost, or harmed, her inner wolf decided to check in on her daughters before she would attend to Pack business.

Constance, Faith, Grace, and Amity were all outside in the garden, organizing a serious game of tag with their cousins. It was watching the girls organize this game which had Hayley pausing, the sad thoughts of Hope Mikaelson crossed her mind as she watched the children. It was not often Hayley thought of the child that never was, for Hope's reality could never be, but there were times it made her want to weep for the daughter she never got to know. Hope had been so alone, and isolated, and loved, and it made Hayley's heart ache for how terrible of a burden it must've been to be so alone when all the Mikaelsons loved so passionately and wildly. And it made her so happy that this reality had happened instead of the other one, because she did not want her children to be alone. Instead, they had a massive family, cousins, sisters, friends, Covenmates, Packmates, and general friends.

Constance saw her, which had her first born smiling as she waved, Hayley smiled as she waved her fingers a little in response. The girls started running around and Hayley slowly walked away, the girls were being watched by their aunt, and safe, so were the cousins. Hayley would never complain about the village mentality of the Mikaelsons, ever, even when it got on her nerves at times. She wouldn't complain because her four hellions required lots of parenting and help, and the Mikaelsons old-school methods were saving Hayley's sanity and her inner wolf's stress levels.

"Ah, Hayley," she saw Elijah at the front porch. He looked like he was just coming in from wherever he and Klaus had hared off to, though Klaus wasn't here.

"Yes?"

"Kol..." Elijah started.

"Finn and Henrik got them here, safe," she promised. "He's asleep with Davina right now, perfectly safe, and showered," she added the last bit for clarity.

"That's... good," Elijah trailed off uncertainly.

"How did it go? Whatever you and Klaus had gone to do?"

"Niklaus is still working on our delivery, but I believe the message will be sufficient," Elijah smiled ruefully which had her inner wolf quivering in anticipation. She did love Elijah, and this smile of his always got her blood pumping, but this time her inner wolf quivered in excitement to tear throats out, and spill blood, because someone was threatening her pack, and she didn't tolerate that.

"We've let them deal with things on their own too long, it will be nice to remind the wily foxes of pack," she mused as she draped her arms around her lover's shoulders.

"You seem intent on this," Elijah mused.

"Of course, they threatened my sister, Elijah, and my Pack, and a threat to my Pack, is a threat to my daughters, and a threat to my daughters is a threat to my family, and the Mikaelsons are my family, you told me that," she smiled a bit as he seemed bashful now. "Don't forget, we're family, you promised me that when you came to save me from the witches."

He nodded a bit and she kissed him softly. "Hayley," he started.

There was an explosion behind her which had her closing her eyes as she jutted her jaw and sighed. "GRACE!"

"SORRY!" came the shriek.

"I swear she takes after Kol, of all the freaking Mikaelsons to take after, she had to take after her uncle, and have the fire magic," she started as she turned to go find out what Grace had destroyed now.