Chapter 260

They all watched as the human started chuckling, wiping the blood from his lips. Kol could see the creature in the human, their bond was old, probably as old as Davina's and his.

"So, this is the infamous Kol Mikaelson, I have much to thank you for," the creature purred as he looked up at Kol. The creature smiled and Kol chuckled good naturedly as he held the rake in hand.

"Well, it appears my reputation again proceeds me, and I do not know you," Kol stated.

"I am many things," the creature chuckled. "As a fellow fox you must understand the irregularities of a reputation."

Kol raised a brow. "No one but my partner would so brazenly declare me a fellow fox."

"How presumptuous of me, I am called Nogitsune" the creature chuckled. "I do have you to thank though, if it were not for your reported infatuation with a particular witch, she might not have torn the veil in your schemes. It did so weaken much of the fabrics between the realms. Been so long since we walked the mortal realm, surely you noticed the influx of our kind on this side. I mean before your infatuation tore the veil it was difficult to get here."

"What's he talking about?" Kol heard someone ask.

"Oh, you don't know..." the creature mused deviously. "The tear between realities, the very one you put into place. She must be a charming little vixen..."

"Threatening what I hold of value is a fast way to death," Kol warned. "Nogitsune, you're a kitsune, yōkai of Japanese origins," Kol deduced as his eyes narrowed on the creature.

"Yes," the creature purred with a sharp smile. "Now let us see who outfoxes who."

Kol looked the kitsune over and then he looked behind him to where he saw Kaleb and Freya. Vulpecula was pulsing on his arm, Davina was in danger, Qetsiyah was living, and if she exposed the tear to pull Silas back to this realm. Kai was circling the field and Kol looked at the kitsune. The creature was very still, rocking on the balls of his human's feet, and the magic swirling into nothing around him. Kol knew a lot about kitsune, he had dealt with the Japanese believing him a kitsune for about fifty years; his agelessness, his red hair, and very not Japanese features had been a curiosity. But vampires and kitsune shared similar traits, speed, strength, agility, healing, but that was where they parted.

"You truly want to do this?" Kol challenged.

"Do you think you can take me, witch? I'm a thousand years old!" the creature growled as he smiled in challenge.

"That just evens the playing field," Kol warned. "Keep working to find Davina," he ordered Kaleb and Kai to get to work. Vincent threw Kol's wand at him, the kitsune moved, Kol swung as hard as he could with Vulpecula pulsing through the staff, they connected just as the kitsune caught Kol. He growled as they rolled apart. They were deeper into the bayou, away from the Big House.

Kol was knee deep in muck, and he smiled as he felt the magic of Louisiana wrapping around him. He could feel Davina's fire, which had him pulling more on her magic as he fed her his own; fire would be a better element against a kitsune of any breed.

~~~*~*~*~~~

Davina jolted as she felt a pulse of power through her body, which had her looking around for Kol. Rolling up her sleeve, she saw Vulpecula pulsing on her arm, but it was fading the moment the magic hit where she was bound in chains.

"What is that?" Cora asked.

"That would be Kol," Davina answered. She couldn't describe it, but Kol's power was bypassing the chains binding her, it was like he was filtering their elemental connections, trading them out. Davina groaned as she felt the storm filling her veins, seeping into her blood; whatever Kol was doing he was trading out their connections fast and hard, and she smiled as she felt her own bonds breaking as Kol's magic overpowered whatever was binding her. Davina hissed as her wrist burned but the chain's spell and magic fractured under the force of whatever Kol was doing.