Chapter 347

Bonnie's magic was a solid guide as she and Kaleb navigated the tunnels. She was now happy she had spent her childhood running through these with Caroline and Elena when they had been hunting vampires and Katherine. They finally reached the exit, they walked out to by the church and near the graveyard. She shivered at the cold, pulling her hat and coat closer as they walked out. Kaleb was leafing through the map and they both looked around the graveyard.

"Thank bloody god we're foxes," Kaleb chuckled.

"This is the world where they stored the Heretics they had," Bonnie shivered as she pulled the coat closer to her. "They've been here for over a hundred years ago!"

"Oh bloody hell, how many Heretics were there?" Kaleb muttered as he dragged a hand through his hair. They both had sort of been prissy to the Gemini when the Gemini had been demanding Kai back after he had been made a Heretic.

"They claimed Heretics to be Rippers, extremely powerful witches when they were turned, and in this world they can't die, but we might be able to, I don't know how that would go," Bonnie muttered.

"We need to get to Kai and the kids, and lay a trap, we lay a trap, then snatch the Ascendent."

"You think they'll have it?" she asked warily.

"Kai kept his," Kaleb reminded her. They had both talked extensively with Kai about his time in his Prison World.

"We keep the map, and get the Ascendent and get out of here," she decided.

"You and kids are definitely leaving no matter what," Kaleb muttered.

"Kai's this way," she grabbed Kaleb's hand and they trudged through the snow. Kaleb and she were careful about not revealing magic or using it. Siphoners, unlike witches, always sensed magic, even over great distances. Kai knew, instinctively where every source of magic was around him,it made him formidable, and now they were running from creatures like Kai who thirsted for blood, Bonnie was a bit unsettled at the notion. Kai was dangerous, but the idea of there being more creatures like him.

There was a crunching of snow and Bonnie looked at Kaleb who's magic was already infusing heavily into the trees and earth. Bonnie let her magic pull on the air as she kicked up the winds, they both turned to see who was there. She was a slight woman, dark hair, a bit of that pug nose, she gave off Pansy Parkinson vibes at first sight to Bonnie. Her green eyes were sharp, and her olive skin had a grey tinge to it, she was a beautiful woman. Kaleb pulled Bonnie close, stepping between her and the woman. The woman though was just staring at them, the veins snaked over her face. Her eyes flicked between her and Kaleb and Bonnie was pulling harder on the air, feeling the storm and blizzard around them building and Kaleb's magic rumbled beneath their feet.

"Very good, Nora, you found them," a redheaded woman appeared, rather serene; she looked like that bitch from the show Bosch, and Bonnie didn't like her as she gripped the back of Kaleb's coat. Neither she nor Kaleb felt scared, she'd been in far worse situations where fear was real, but she was wary about this.

There was more snow crunching and a blonde appeared beside the pug nosed girl, while a tall, wiry black man appeared beside the redheaded woman.

"It's been so long since we have feasted," the redhead said. "I am famished."

"Yeah, we only let one vampire snack on our blood, you aren't him," Kaleb decided. "Bon..."

~~~*~*~*~~~

Nora would admit she had forgotten what humans were like, but the way the woman and the man were acting, they weren't... what she expected. What really caught her off guard was how powerful the woman was, yes the man was powerful, she could feel his pull on the very earth and fabric of their prison, but the woman was the one pulling on the storm, breaking the snow storm and turning it into a blizzard.