Chapter 235

Elijah looked at his younger brothers, Klaus was beside him as they surveyed their family over. It was the first time Elijah was genuinely grateful for the Institution keeping Rebekah and Freya away from a problem. They had reluctantly summoned Finn, because Finn was actually a useful partner to have in this matter. Elijah knew that, because for as much as they didn't like Finn he was a very good warrior, and renowned for his skills as a Viking.

Yes, Kol was the worst of the worst, but someone was taking pains to target Kol and that in and of itself was concerning to Elijah. He now did not care what his baby brother's plans were now, this was a direct threat to their family. Yes, Davina was not technically family, but Elijah was not an idiot, Kol would marry Davina one day and it made her a Mikaelson despite whatever she thought. The direct targeting of Davina, the attempts of manipulation against Kol; because any theatrics like this would be manipulations against Kol in Elijah's eyes; were problematic. Elijah would even say the same thing if someone had staged a Monique lookalike against Henrik, or if a Marcel lookalike was used against Rebekah, or a Keelin lookalike against Freya.

The only difference though was that Kol was a witch and Kol was the worst of the worst.

Now Elijah had his brothers gathered in the study, without the police who had all taken statements, examined the scene, cordoned it off, and taken the unidentified woman away. Kol had Davina on his lap, but Henrik, Klaus, Mikael, and Finn were all scattered around his office. Davina and Kol did not look upset at all, but Elijah still couldn't get the savage imagery out of his head, because at first glance the girl and Davina shared more similar features than not; and this had him wondering how Kol had not jumped to the very same conclusion as Mikael, Henrik, Klaus, himself and even Finn had leapt to. It also annoyed Elijah that Kol looked impassive about this. Kol was never impassive about anything, he was annoyingly expressive.

"This ends now," Elijah stated as he looked directly at Kol who looked up at him then. Davina draped herself against Kol rather like a content feline or a protective creature. It would've been amusing in general given how petite she was, but he was still unsettled by the sight he had just seen.

"What ends?"

"Whatever game you two have concocted," Klaus growled. "This is obviously beyond your two's control."

"Oh, come now, what's the fun of that?" Kol smiled cavalierly as he shifted his grip on Davina.

"This isn't a you problem," Elijah stated firmly. "Now whatever game you two have entered, you are in well above your normal, so it ceases now. There is clearly no time for you games."

"There's always time for games," Kol declared as he slipped away from Davina to stand. Davina curled up casually in her chair as she looked at all of them. Elijah glared at his younger brother then. "Davina and I are well aware of the game we're playing."

"And now you're in over your heads," Finn stated.

Davina didn't counter, Elijah noted as she pursed her lips and looked at no one.

"A young woman is dead, for reasons unknown, but probably to get to you, which means that your foe is actively hunting you this time," Elijah stated. "And to prevent that poor girl's fate from becoming a reality, I think you will find it wiser to bring us in on your schemes, brother."

Kol's eyes narrowed as his lips curled back, Elijah though was not intimidated by his younger brother's display of genuine frustration and anger. He knew Kol was in way over his head, and even if the younger did not want to admit it, he would cave to keep Davina safe at any costs. Or, Davina would see reason and she would accept their help and sway Kol to their line of thinking. Either way, Elijah would not let his little brother run around, halfcocked, while he could be savagely torn apart as that unknown girl had been.