Chapter 324

Klaus was hunting for Rebekah's and Kol's coffins, and by a happenstance Finn's, he needed to find them! He had to get his siblings back, he needed, his inner panic of having unwittingly trusting the wrong person and having Maddox compromised. All of this because he couldn't stop digging into his mother's affairs, and he had gotten tangled up with the North Atlantic Pack and they had taken what he held dear.

"I'm not letting you kill whatever is in there!" a young female voice snarled with Alpha authority, there were crashes and Klaus burst into the old barn he had tracked his siblings to in the middle of the forest. A blur of brunette was thrown from the young Alpha who she kicked right into Klaus' grasp.

"Well, well, thank you sweetheart, but I'll take it from here," he purred as he looked at Cary Frosberg. "Seeing as how he stole them from me," Klaus growled.

The ensuing fight was brutal, but he walked out with his siblings safe and sound which had him somehow ending up at a bar.

The young woman in question was gold skin, dark hair, young, he wouldn't pin her age specifically, but early twenties maybe, she was very beautiful. Big features, sharp nose, big eyes, large smile and engaging. He remembered sharing shots with her, the feeling of her mouth brushing against her. They tumbled into bed.

Klaus remembered sitting along the Erie as he looked at the current piece he had been working on. There was peace here, and he wanted to find Elijah so he might be able to make amends with his brother, but his brother was long since missing and lost and Klaus hated that.

The years blurred for Klaus, he remembered hearing of a doppelgänger in Virginia; ironically his own birth place which had him wanting to laugh at the Nornir sense of irony and mockery at him.

It was here, in Virginia though that Klaus' most unexpected twist in life. He remembered going for a walk after Elijah had left, Kol was in Denver, Rebekah had school, and Klaus was just... alone. Everything he had done to get their family together and somehow they had scattered into the wind, Klaus' wolf raged at the thought, and he hated knowing there was nothing he could do to repair the damages down to his family.

"Mommy!?" a small, scared voice called out. Klaus' head snapped up.

"Mommy!" the voice sobbed again. Klaus carefully rounded the bend of the river and he saw the little redhead.

"Hello there, darling," he said softly. The girl whipped around, red hair fluttered around her as she looked up at him, big, teary blue eyes which startled him. She cried out, scrambling back from him, but he stepped forward catching a small hand.

She was startled as all the flowers in the area seemed to bloom, which startled Klaus, he could feel her magic which had him looking at the little witch. The blooms burst through the snows of the late Virginia winter though, and the colors, the vibrancy were startling.

"Easy, sweetheart, I'm not going to hurt you," he promised as he slowly knelt to her level, the girl was shaking, her magic reminded Klaus of Kol's magic when he had been a child, so vibrant. "You know... I have a little brother who could do... something like this," he said.

The girl was still blinking big tears which fell down her cheeks.

"And when he was upset, he would make all sorts of wild things happen, they could scare him too," Klaus said softly. "So... let us take a few deep breaths, and then we'll figure out how to find your mum."

"You know my mommy?" she asked.

"No, no sweetheart. But we'll find her," Klaus said. He was careful walking the little girl through getting control of her breaths as he kept her calm. When she was calmer, she was just having big, silent tears rolling down her cheeks. It was the Mikaelson pendant around the girl's neck though which startled him, the scripted M on the shield he had designed when he and Elijah had resided in England; Klaus recognized it though as specifically Elijah's. Klaus had been with Elijah when Elijah had forged it himself, the M was a bit fatter on the outer line with a small curve on the end; it looked like the loch ness monster. Klaus had teased Elijah about it mercilessly, and Elijah had remarked that at least his looked like an M they were trying to use. He wanted to know where the girl had gotten it, yank it from her neck and demand where she had gotten it from. But the girl was maybe six years old at the most, she wouldn't have known, and looking at the scared child he didn't want to scare her more.